Firewall-scan your computer online

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by zorro zorrito, Dec 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zorro zorrito

zorro zorrito Registered Member

2. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Doesn't support win2003 unfortunately.

3. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

I suppose this is the best you can expect from Symantec

Running 2k & Opera

4. Huwge

Huwge Registered Member

Hmm, a scan with Norton states ICMP Ping open and Port 22 open. Check with ShieldsUp shows full stealth. o_O Using XPSP2, Linksys Router and Kerio 4 FW.........o_O

5. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

port 22: SSH aka remote access.
    Surely there is a bad configuration in your router.

6. SamSpade

SamSpade Registered Member

I'm using Firefox with IE quick tab, so I can immediately load an IE compatible tab; thus I could run this scan easily.

The dweeby thing is: this Symantec scan said I had no firewall problems, but it "could not detect any anti-virus protection" (!!) I guess Symantec does not recognize nod32 v. 2.7 (beta) as "legitimate" av protection. I wonder if I'd had 2.5 loaded?? Would they have recogized that ??!!

Talk about arrogance.

//

7. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    That scan used to work well before Symantec ruined it.
    Now you need "special" javascript to run it. What a joke. I stopped at EULA.
    Mrk

P.S. Reading some other people's comment. Bloody hell. I'm going to install the AOL browser and Norton 2009 just to test it.

8. Huwge

Huwge Registered Member

Thanks for the reply but I cant see where to close those ports on the Router. Im using WRT54GS with no other machine connected and wireless turned off:'(

edit......I have checked remote access etc on system settings and it is turned off. ShieldsUP shows all my ports stealthed but now I'm nervous. Any help appreciated

Last edited: Dec 20, 2006
  9. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

well, you should have an option to disable "secure remote access" in some place of the router setup. You can also forward the port to a null IP.

10. ugly

ugly Registered Member

NO , they wouldn't.
    NOD32 it is not an "anti-virus protection" for Symantec.
    Arrogance ? Stupidity ? Both ? More ?
    Who knows ?

11. Tarq57

Tarq57 Registered Member

Symantec doesn't appear to recognize Avast, either.
    Oh well, it's in good company, I guess.
    Bet it doesn't recognize Kaspersky or AVG....or anything except Norton.
    Any takers?

Attached Files:

12. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

Up to today, I hate Symantec for ruining Sygate. That security test, what can I say about it? Just marketing and more marketing. I personally dislike it when companies push their marketing techniques to people by disguising the object as a security test or security scan for your system. At the end of it, they persuade you to buy their product to cover the holes which their test/scan found. The screenshot says it all!
    It recognises its own antivirus only, this test probably uses the AV engine for Norton Antivirus. I wouldn't trust it anyway. Thanks to this company I'm now stuck with a bloody software firewall which is already old :doubt:, but still works and offers good protection, but it's now a obsolete product with its creator taken over by someone else. I don't want to waste money for a hardware FW.

13. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Gosh! please dont be so gullable to this Symantec Scam :eek: Sygates Scan was totally different to Symantecs,and this Symantec thing, is going to give negative results no matter what, unless of course you have Symantec software installed :cautious: It's nothing more than a ploy to get you to purchase their products :shifty:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.