Firewall rule with port 447

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Muckyduck, Dec 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Muckyduck

Muckyduck Registered Member

I have been looking at the setup of my router with regards to OUTGOING ports. Trying to tidyup following a connection upgrade.

Port 447 is open for o/g use. I cannot rermember what program uses this port.
    Everything on the PC works, browser, downloads, email, AV/AT updates, ftp, ntp, dns etc.

I think it may have been for a program that's been deleted, the log shows nothing has used it this last week.

Anyone got a firewall rule for this port that can help (it's not a microsoft update port or something is it?)

2. Ice_Czar

Ice_Czar Registered Member

Port Number: 447
    TCP / UDP: UDP
    Delivery: No
    Protocol / Name: ddm-dfm (Differential Destination Multicast - Distributed File Management)
    Port Description: DDM-RFM
    Virus / Trojan: No

Side note: UDP port 447 uses the Datagram Protocol, a communications protocol for the Internet network layer, transport layer, and session layer. This protocol when used over PORT 447 makes possible the transmission of a datagram message from one computer to an application running in another computer. Like TCP (Transmission Control Protocol), UDP is used with IP (the Internet Protocol) but unlike TCP on Port 447, UDP Port 447 is connectionless and does not guarantee reliable communication; it's up to the application that received the message on Port 447 to process any errors and verify correct delivery.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

ddm-dfm 447/tcp # ddm-distributed file management, ddm-rfm

ddm-dfm 447/udp # ddm-distributed file management, ddm-rfm

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

you can always install a software rule based firewall inorder to track down specifically what is attempting to use it

ddm
    http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/00jul/I-D/manet-ddm-00.txt
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hoc_routing_protocol_list

Last edited: Dec 19, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.