Firewall reports ...

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by SteveBlanchard, Nov 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteveBlanchard

SteveBlanchard Registered Member

I've posted this on RCS forum, but not had a reply

Using Comodo Firewall, it reports that rFactor needs to connect to the internet - why? I can see no reason for it to do that, so I have blocked rFactore.exe from Connecting to the internet.

Now I get rfactor modifying files -

"C: program Files\rFactor\rFactore.ese has modified thunderbird.exe in memory. This is typical of a virus, trojan and Spyware behaviour."

This has also happened to Dell Support and Firefox. What is rFactor doing? It seems to me now I have blocked it from accessing the internet, it is finding other methods to access the internet. This happens when rFactor is not running.

Any suggestions?

For those that don't know, rFactor is a race car simulator, that has online racing capabilites, I have never raced on line nor connected to the online service they offer.

2. wat0114

wat0114 Guest

Some legitimate processes will do this. If this rfactore.exe is a harmless process, then it is probably okay to allow it to modify Thunderbird.

Impossible. If it is not running, it can't access the Internet, unless exiting the program does not fully shut it down and one of its components is still running, attempting Internet access.

If you can't use it by denying it Internet access and you are resolute on blocking it permanently, then it is probably time to look for something else.

3. SteveBlanchard

SteveBlanchard Registered Member

Thanks for that - just a bit of paranoya setting in at the moment. Did seem strange first of all.

4. yankinNcrankin

yankinNcrankin Registered Member

LOL, depending on the game one should be careful that the game itself could be a front for something else, legitimate as it seems or not, if its finding other ways to connect out I would say you have a problem, legitimate games don't do that kind of behavior you are describing. Yes if you paranoid get rid of the program.

5. wat0114

wat0114 Guest

There is nothing wrong with looking into anything unfamiliar attempting Internet access, either directly or by forcing another app. Some people don't care about this and are all too happy to let this happen, no questions asked :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.