Firewall Protection

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by chaos16, May 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chaos16

chaos16 Registered Member

Since the yr 2001.The first firewall i ever used was zonealarm. They always told me it was the best firewall. But then they told me about sygate so i tried it but i never felt as protected. I used kerio, look ' n stop, mcafee firewall, norton firewall etc but i always change to zonealarm.

Now i know that zonealarm is hvy on resource usage but is it the best blocker for blocking hackers, viruses, trojans, worms, spyware etc.

for example KAV antivirus is the best antivirus overall is zonealarm the same. Except from resource useo_O

i don't care about resource usage i only care about protection which firewall gives the best protectiono_O

2. dog

dog Guest

Hi Chaos, ;)

The most important thing to you, should be what you're are most comfortable with and what you understand the best. If that's ZA, then use ZA. Firewalls are pretty much comparable, where you'd run into trouble is if you don't know how to set up rules properly. No, resource usage shouldn't be a major concern unless it adversely effects your PCs performance, it certainly isn't the be all end all of anything.

HTH,

Steve

3. chaos16

chaos16 Registered Member

well then if u say za will give me the protection i need than i will stay with za.

4. Arup

Arup Guest

ZA is excellent for app protection, the only sad thing about it is that to create advanced rules, one has to be a rocket scientist, otherwise its outbound app control is superb and non obstrusive of all the firewalls.

5. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Well,
    I tell you this. I unloaded NetVeda and reloaded my old Zone Alarm Pro with the xpired key. Working just fine. I am behind a router with a hardware firewall so all I really need is application control and logging. Works for me. As Dog said that is what is important what works for you.

NetVeda on my machine kept chewing up memory start out like most here but with in a day way up. No thanks. ;)

6. squash

squash Registered Member

Stay with Zone Alarm, it is a very good, easy to use firewall. Most of all, it works on your computer.

For me, I use Kerio 2.1.5 (Kerio 4 is very buggy, hog, bloated, IMO)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.