Firewall problem

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by vvmm, Sep 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vvmm

vvmm Registered Member

Hello!

I have a really annoying problem with the ESET Firewall. I have a small wireless network of Windows 7 computers (x64 and x86), all of them with ESS installed. I need to use file and printer sharing and mapped network drives. The ESET Firewall disconnects my network access and reconnects it again at certain times and this is annoying because I use the network to watch movies, to edit Access Databases and when eset disconnects, the movie stops, the aceess database gives me an error and my mapped drives' status says "Offline" and i have to close both and restart them. How can I solve the problem?

2. kerykeion

kerykeion Registered Member

I think ESS 4.2.64.12 has some Firewall problems, because I was experiencing odd things before, good thing I have the 4.0.474 installer lying around.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2010
  3. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Did you place your network in Trusted Zone? Check event viewer logs for errors as they can offer clues to disconnects. Also check router logs (assuming you have access to it)

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Please check this thread for further instructions (text commencing with "If a specific communication is blocked...") and post here the relevant entries from your firewall log.

5. kerykeion

kerykeion Registered Member

Hi Marcos,

I'm encountering a "Firewall not initialized" issue with 4.2.64.12, however it seems fine on 4.2.58.3 and 4.0.474. This is related with the closed thread I created a few days ago.

Anyway, I'm currently upgraded to 4.2.58.3 from 4.0.474 and it's working perfectly, I'll just wait for the next subversion to arrive, maybe that would work great.

Cheers! :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.