Firewall problem with Xbox360 n PC

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by blue90, Apr 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blue90

blue90 Registered Member

My firewall on nod32 is blocking my connection from my computer. I wanna be able to use Windows Media Player 11 and Tversity with my PC to connect to my xbox. I tried to create a rule and everything if anyone has team viewer. or possible have a clean step by step on how to allow communication with my TVersity & Windows Media Player 11 to be able to connect to my xbox please please Post it here or e-mail me or add me. My e-mail is Elvisbnd (at) msn.com ~ De-linked Email to Protect Member ~ if you have teamviewer and are willing to help me please I would appreciate it if your not busy. Thank you very much I hope theres a solution for this problem

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2010
  2. blue90

blue90 Registered Member

I need some help.
    Anyone help me. I found the same issue on this forum but it didnt solve any solutions for me.. Please help :(

Last edited: Apr 14, 2010
  3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

First of all, try switching the firewall to learning mode so that the rules are created automatically as necessary.

Should the problem persist, enable logging of blocked connections in the IDS section of the firewall setup, reproduce the problem and post here the relevant entries from the firewall log (don't forget to disable logging when you're finished).

4. blue90

blue90 Registered Member

Ok. I put it in learning mode. I am currently checking the "Log all blocked connections" checkmark. I will post results. I am sure it wont fix anything

5. blue90

blue90 Registered Member

Well, 50% success during this progress. I was able to successfully connect my TVersity to my Xbox via PC.I was not able to connect WMP11 through this process. I am not aware of where the log file is and where I can obtain it.If I could get a location where the log file is I would be able to post it.

6. Marcos

In advanced mode, navigate to Tools -> Log files -> ESET Personal firewall log

7. blue90

blue90 Registered Member

im having uploading problems now. Whenever I turn on Utorrent it completely hogs my internet... It sometimes works then it sometimes doesnt... for the nod32 problem im good with just tversity...

8. Marcos

Please post here the relevant enties from the firewall log as you were instructed above. Do not leave logging of blocked connections enabled longer than necessary to prevent performance issues if the number of logged entries is enormous.

9. blue90

blue90 Registered Member

The logs are enormous.Im not sure if it would fit here...

10. Marcos

Again, logging of blocked connections should be turned off immediately after you reproduce the issue. Simply copy and paste here a couple of relevant entries (5-10), the rest can be deleted from the fw log.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.