Firewall problem with Media Sharing/Streaming

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by eklohmyn, Sep 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eklohmyn

eklohmyn Registered Member

Hey all. I have Eset Smart Security 4, and it works flawlessly. I recently started using my Xbox 360 as a media server, and it works well, but ONLY when I stop filtering the firewall.

I made the network into a "allow sharing" network from Eset, and it is NOT on a strict network. I even tried going into "policy-based" mode and checked the allow initiated connections and all outgoing connections, but the server would only be detected when I disabled filtering.

Edit: I just installed TVersity to stream my stuff, and it's the same problem. WOrks flawlessly 100%, but ONLY when I disable firewall filtering.

How can I fix this? THanks.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2009
  2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

3. eklohmyn

eklohmyn Registered Member

Hey thanks a lot!

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You are welcome!

Let me know if it doesn't work for you

5. wookiebear

wookiebear Registered Member

Sorry for hijacking this thread but I have the same issue as above and the link posted above does not sort out the problem. My 360 connects to the pc and can see the directory structure but as soon as I try and stream a video it fails unless I turn off the firewall.
    Any ideas would be greatly apreciated

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Have you tried enabling logging blocked connections in the IDS section of the firewall setup to get more information about the rule that is blocking the connections?

7. wookiebear

Hi thanks for responding bellow is what the log file keeps generating when the 360 attempts to connect.

14/09/2009 18:25:01 Communication denied by rule 192.168.1.101:47368 192.168.1.100:10243 TCP Deny communication for System System

8. wookiebear

HI thanks the log file pointed me where I needed to go and it is now sorted:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.