Firewall problem with FTP

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by Clweb, Sep 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clweb

Clweb Registered Member

The firewall seems to block some FTP functions. No messages in the log but applications using FTP don't work correctly. When FTP active is set than it does not work at all.
    Application are setting transfer applications for a satellite receiver, working over 3 years now.
    Uninstalling ESS and everything works like before ESS.
    It seems ESS's weak part is the firewall.

2. mhonzell

mhonzell Registered Member

I'm not denying your problem, but I'm using ESS Beta 2 and the firewall appears to be working well with SmartFTP 2.5 (x64) on a cable modem with default "advanced" settings. I had to allow access to the program, but that was about it.

What is the specific software being used?

3. Clweb

Clweb Registered Member

I had no problem also with SmartFTP, beacause the FTP reading seems to work, but not writing.
    The software on wich I saw the problem is Dramboxedit.
    It reads settings from a Sat receiver and also store these settings on the receiver.
    Reading the settings worked, but the writing back caused problem (software waiting for something). There was no log. Deactivating the ESS firewall did not help. Deinstalling ESS beta 2 helped to cure the problem.
    The firewall has some problems. Ok it's a beta and I think problems must be reported.
    See also my topic: Firewall test at ShieldsUP!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.