Firewall Port Blocking, How?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by jpcummins, Apr 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpcummins

jpcummins Registered Member

I have Sygate Personal Firewall Pro 5.5 and would like to block ports 139 and 445. However, I do not know how to go about doing it. I presume it would take a special rule but not for sure and additionally do not know enough to write one if my presumption is correct. Could someone with more expertise than I tell me how? And please make it simple so that a dodo like me can understand it. As always I appreciate all replies and would thank you in advance.

John

2. Sully

Sully Registered Member

Look up windows worm door cleaner to shut down those ports entirely.

Sul.

3. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

Hi John,

Go to tools/ Advanced rules

01.jpg

In the advanced rules windows, click "Add"

In the first tab "general" just name the rule and follow the below settings (which are the defaults,.. I set logging on the rule as I wanted to check the rule was logged when an attempted inbound was made)

02.jpg

The "Hosts" tab, that can be left as default "All addresses"

in the "Ports and protocols" tab, select the protocol "TCP", the "local" ports and traffic direction as both.

03.jpg

The "Scheduling" and "Applications" tab can be left with the default info.
    Once all info entered, select "OK"

Now repeat the above, but this time on the "ports and Protocols" tab, select "UDP" as the protocol. All other info in the rule remains as above.

You will then have 2 rules, one blocking TCP to those ports, and one rule blocking any UDP to those ports.

- Stem

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.