Firewall not letting traffic through

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by adza, Jul 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adza

adza Registered Member

Hi,

I've found a problem with Eset Endpoint Security and the firewall blocking traffic that it should allow.

In this particular instance the application is VNC. I have noticed that it is blocking incoming connections - even though I have opened up port 5900 to allow both directions for all IP address ranges.

In the end, I was able to fix the problem by adding the application itself (c:\Program Files\UltraVNC\winvnc.exe) into the firewall rules.

What I don't understand is why I needed to do this. I would have thought that I could be able to either allow port 5900, or allow the application - and it should have worked.

Can anyone please shed some light on why the ports themselves might not be allowing traffic through?

Cheers

Adza

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I'd suggest contacting Customer care as the following stuff will be needed:
    1, ESET firewall log after enabling logging of all blocked connections in the IDS setup, leaving only the rule for ports enabled / created and reproducing the problem
    2, your ESS configuration when the rule for port 5900 didn't work

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.