Firewall Logs loop

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v4 Beta Forum' started by MasterTB, Feb 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterTB

MasterTB Registered Member

The bug where firewall logs entered a loop to an endless loading message it's still there.
    I use p2p and part of that is an endless log for the firewall with dropped connection attempts to ports where my p2p program is not actually listening.
    With v3 the logs update was seamless and without glitches but since v4 the log window keeps going on to a loop of "loading log files" message and you can't really use them.

Editing to put a screenshot.

Attached Files:

2. Novicex

Novicex Registered Member

I have the same issue! Just turn off the "Log all blocked connections". F5>Personal Firewall>IDS and advanced options>Log all blocked connections(Troubleshooting)

Last edited: Feb 19, 2009
  3. MasterTB

I know that disabling the "log all blocked..." solves the problem but that is NOT the solution. I use that function to troubleshoot my machine (it is always on and If I have a problem I can easily see it there) and in v3 works just fine under the same load of connections (internet traffic) as in v4 so It IS a problem with this new version that should be fixed by the time it reaches final.

btw: I also know it's a beta and it is supposed to have a few problems, I'm not complaining of the problem just pointing it out to be fixed.

4. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Didn't you say you changed the log storage days? I suggest you change it to 2 days, since that's probably more entries than I would have in 30 days, and in your situation it should allow sufficient time for debugging.

Alternatively, try disabling real-time protection before viewing the logs and see if that helps.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
  5. MasterTB

Well I never said I changed that but perhaps you're right and I don't need more than two or three days of log info. Will try and post back what happened.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.