firewall how to

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by gow75, Oct 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gow75

gow75 Registered Member

i have version 4 smart security and i have been very happy with it. however i just upgraded from Windows xp pro to Windows 7 ultimate. everything is great except that I know i should have exported my firewall settings to my new install because as the firewall is interactive mode i can not open a network share on my server which is server 2008 standard edition. i shares on there and when i try to open the folder or by unc path it does not work then when i turn off the firewall it works also i can not ping the server either while the firewall is turned on. how do i cofigure the firewall to allow these processes. also what other processes should i open up on the firewall. :)

2. gow75

gow75 Registered Member

can anyone help

3. gow75

gow75 Registered Member

is there a more definitive guide on using the firewall like what services do what and block what ports, services etc.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I'd suggest starting off with the standard procedure for cases when a particular connection is being blocked:
    1, enable logging of blocked connections in the IDS setup
    2, reproduce the issue
    3, paste here the relevant records from your firewall log.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.