Firewall experts please advice me!

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by 5234265432, Oct 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 5234265432

5234265432 Guest

I need firewall that is comptable with WIN98/ME and with 2000/XP. It should be free and with feature that can automatically recognize and allow basic windows processes to connect to the internet.
    This because of not expirienced users where I used to install Kerio 2.1.5 but they always block something and dont have internet for some aplication that they use...

So firewall should have some default settings to allow connection to most common applications. This will be used by users who do not know nothing about firewall and they just need something to be protected against network spreading worms.

With Windows XP im OK because with its firewall i dont have a problem but other Windows operating systems do not have that integrated.

Also if any other firewall have file with already made configurations it is also acceptable.

It will be used with computers who have 700Mhz and UP with 256mb of ram.

2. Arup

Arup Guest

ZA Free should fit our bill perfectly in my opinion.

3. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

ZA free is probably the easiest for the user and seems to run trouble free for me. I think ram usage is approximately 17mb or so. Nothing like Kerio 2. No rules to mess with, easy to install and maintain. Runs on Win98 fine. And free... :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.