Firewall degrades wireless connection?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by VikingStorm, Apr 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VikingStorm

VikingStorm Registered Member

One odd thing I noticed is that if I use bit torrent at all, my wireless connection keeps on getting disconnected from my router within seconds (DGL-4300), with random disconnects with normal traffic. I have full bars the whole time. Once I uninstall ESS, or uncheck the Eset firewall in the network connections settings for my wireless adapter, my connection is totally smooth again. I'm not really sure this is reproduceable for anyone else, so it might just be a freak circumstance with my setup.

(Intel 2100 Wireless --> ESS --> DGL-4300)

2. MaXimus666

MaXimus666 Registered Member

No problems here at all. Althought I felt that browsing has become kinda slower.

3. kC_

kC_ Registered Member

i got slight stutters & pauses in xvids watched over wlan to my laptop... always been perfect using outpost pro, but now with ess, it got to be a pain.. so went back to outpost again..

ess needs lots of work, but hopefully it will become a fine product, ill sure try it again nearer a final build

4. Najmi

Najmi Registered Member

no issues with wlan with ess as of now

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.