Firewall Configuration

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by sm1, Mar 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sm1

sm1 Registered Member

Hi, I am using Trustport Total Protection 2011 with prevx safeonline. Prevx is unable to connect to its database. I can create custom rule for prevx with the following configurations:

Outbound - UDP, TCP or both
    Inbound - UDP, TCP or both
    Both inbound and outbound

Currently I have set both inbound and outbound for tcp and udp. I have set local address & local port to "any" and remote address & remote port to "any".
    Is it Ok? Or can I finetune the settings to specific ports and address? Kindly advise.
    Thanks

2. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

These are the outbound rules I created for Windows Firewall with Advanced Security.

Process name: prevx.exe; UDP; Remote Port: 53; DNS IPs; Allow
    Process name: prevx.exe; TCP; Remote Port: 80; Remote IPs may either be Any, or you may narrow down the list to those that you'll the firewall block access to.

But, there's not guarantee that at some point some IP may get blocked, and you'd have to add it as well... So, if you don't wish to do that, just allow the second rule to communicate with any IP.

-edit-

I have created a rule for DNS, because I have DNS Client disabled.

3. sm1

sm1 Registered Member

Thanks for the reply. I will try your settings:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.