Firewall Blocking Windows7 access to network

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Massiefh, Mar 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Massiefh

Massiefh Registered Member

Hi,

I'm new to all this really so I probably missed the answer (Please forgive me) but here goes.

I previously had Smart Security v4.0.474.0 or such installed on an XP machine. I have a network with 3 machines on it. This XP one, another XP one and a new Windows 7 machine. With the v3 firewall all machines could see and access each other with no problems.

Yesterday I upgraded this XP machine to Smart Security v4.2.35 I unistalled the previous version and installed new version. I have the two XP machines seeing each other and accessing files with no problem. However, the Windows 7 machince can no longer access this XP machince with v4.2.35 on it. I've spent better part of a day trying to fix this but to this point I have not be able to accomplish anything. BTW it is not a homegroup I think all machines must be running Win7 if I'm not mistaken.

BTW the other XP machine is running Smart Security v4.0.474.0 and the Win7 machine and it can access each other. I have compared settings I CAN'T find any differences.

I also have tried the interactive filtering but it doesn't seem to even trigger a request to allow or deny.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Respectfully,
    John W.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

place your network in Trusted zone in ESS on each machine

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.