firewall auto allows full screen apps?

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by powser, Mar 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. powser

powser Registered Member

WSA allows full screen apps thru the firewall even though I explicitly turned on "warn unless explicitly allowed". So now full screen apps (eg games) have been allowed to connect online even though I did not explicitly allow it. Please tell me there's an option somewhere that I have missed and is not a program flawo_O

2. Techfox1976

Techfox1976 Registered Member

It's not a flaw. The definition is "Warn unless", not "Block unless", so yes, it will allow them.
    BUT... Basic Configuration in settings, "Lower resource usage when intensive applications or games are detected" and "Force non-critical notifications into the background" are two candidates for causing it to not even show the warning when you are in a full-screen app. It's like an automatic "Gamer Mode", so when there is a full screen app, it makes the (usually accurate) assumption that interrupting you with a warning will cause some pixels to die. XD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.