Firewall and wired internet

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v4 Beta Forum' started by theseus47, Feb 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theseus47

theseus47 Registered Member

I've had a problem with the firewall cutting off internet connection for a while now - usually when a new rule is about to be created, but sometimes even when one's not. Sometimes, changing the firewall modes/turning-on-off/etc. worked, sometimes not.

First noticed it on Vista-32 Ultimate using the beta, and now on Windows 7 64-bit using the RC.

What's odd about it is, it only occurs when I'm using an ethernet cable. When I switch to wireless, internet never cuts off.

Current specs of laptop below:
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit b7000
    Macbook Pro
    Intel C2D T7700 2.4GHz
    4GB RAM
    Atheros AR5008X Wireless Adapter
    Marvell Yukon 88E8058 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I think it is hard to impossible to reproduce such thing with BETA OS , BETA security product and unknown status of network drivers (are they really compatiable with 7 ?)

3. killua24

killua24 Registered Member

I am also using a cable, and I am having the same problem with ESS 4 RC1, so I switched to EAV 4 RC1...

Windows XP SP3

4. MasterTB

MasterTB Registered Member

@theseus47
    Hi:
    I'm Running windows 7 ultimate (build 7000 32bits) and no trouble at all (connected via a TP-Link wireless router), and whether it is a wired connection (lan, on mi PC using an on board nvidia lan) or wireless (on my Laptop, using atheros) I can surf the web nice and fluid.

Perhaps there is a conflict with your drivers (router or network adapter's), win7 and ESS and they just don't get along...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.