Firewall and wired internet

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v4 Beta Forum' started by theseus47, Feb 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theseus47

theseus47 Registered Member

Feb 24, 2009
    I've had a problem with the firewall cutting off internet connection for a while now - usually when a new rule is about to be created, but sometimes even when one's not. Sometimes, changing the firewall modes/turning-on-off/etc. worked, sometimes not.

First noticed it on Vista-32 Ultimate using the beta, and now on Windows 7 64-bit using the RC.

What's odd about it is, it only occurs when I'm using an ethernet cable. When I switch to wireless, internet never cuts off.

Current specs of laptop below:
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit b7000
    Macbook Pro
    Intel C2D T7700 2.4GHz
    4GB RAM
    Atheros AR5008X Wireless Adapter
    Marvell Yukon 88E8058 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller
  2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I think it is hard to impossible to reproduce such thing with BETA OS , BETA security product and unknown status of network drivers (are they really compatiable with 7 ?)
  3. killua24

killua24 Registered Member

Nov 24, 2008
    I am also using a cable, and I am having the same problem with ESS 4 RC1, so I switched to EAV 4 RC1...

Windows XP SP3
  4. MasterTB

MasterTB Registered Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Paran?, Argentina
    I'm Running windows 7 ultimate (build 7000 32bits) and no trouble at all (connected via a TP-Link wireless router), and whether it is a wired connection (lan, on mi PC using an on board nvidia lan) or wireless (on my Laptop, using atheros) I can surf the web nice and fluid.

Perhaps there is a conflict with your drivers (router or network adapter's), win7 and ESS and they just don't get along...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.