Firewall 1056 not yet available for 4.2 ?

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products Beta' started by surfer1000, Feb 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. surfer1000

surfer1000 Registered Member

Hi,

My ESS 4.0.474 has firewall module 1056 with enable pre-release updates selected, yet the beta 4.2 with the same setting is not getting the new module its still on 1055

I would of expected the beta to get the very latest modules.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

It doesn't matter as you most likely don't need support for the Korean language in your English beta ;)

3. surfer1000

surfer1000 Registered Member

Hi Marcos,

Well thats an eye opener, as i assumed that any updates to program moduels would actually be some sort of improvement/fix to the program, not just support for different languages.

It makes me wonder how many similar module updates have occured that only contain very very minor changes.

Also as you pointed out, i dont need the Korean language support, this begs the question of why i get it ?

Surely there in itself, is further room for Eset to minimise the program size/footprint/resources used, by not including such support for the English version ?

No doubt its not just for Korea, there must be most languages under the sun supported in my english version!

I wont be getting so excited now in future, when i see my alert of "the program modules have been updated" thinking im going to be even better protected! :)

Last edited: Feb 16, 2010
  4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I think we've made about 2 such updates so far which added support for new languages.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.