[FireLion] Anti Keyloggers 2.0 beta released!

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by LeVuHoang, Jan 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeVuHoang

LeVuHoang Registered Member

If you get the problem immediately when you finished installing the application, I think this happen by libProtection. If you get the problem when you press Start button, It's by libMonitor. What is your case ?

If it is libProtection, you can disable (not terminate) the service by:
    1. Right-click on My Computer
    2. Select Manage
    3. In Computer Management, browse to Service category.
    4. Select "[FireLion] Anti Keyloggers Service" and press Stop. Change the Startup Type to Manual.

If you can not do anything when the application is running, you can boot to Safe Mode and change the Service Type to Manual.

Don't be scared or reinstall your application, you can do everything/uninstalling when you boot to Safe Mode :)

That's all. I hope this will fix your problem.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2008
  2. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Not encouraging at all, sorry that you took another risk of jeaopardizing your setup with this. NO way any software should plow down your system so completely bad that you had to resort to a backup image.

HIPS + Snoopfree is going to stay my keylogger shield, anyway they to me aren't near as severe unless they are binded in some malware, and i dare any malware to try to climb my electronic fence. They never get very far. Only when i drop my defenses can anything open for entry. The internet's worse laced site is a joke if you're properly prepared.

Please don't take this as throwing cold water on this project, but it's way too early to take the chance, and especially now that users read Eric's system had to be restored by an image, and from something which should be as simple and safe as an anti-keylogger?

3. LeVuHoang

If Eric read the line above maybe he does not need to reinstall the OS. Just boot to safe mode and uninstall the application :)

4. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Never mind. Eric just restored an imge and he can,t sleep so well until he restores an image every now and then.:D

5. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Yeah, he can be a little reckless at times since he's been saved many times over by just turning quickly to his backups. :D

I'm still curious though why this app is showed some sign of difficulty, and not just with Eric.

6. LeVuHoang

yes, I know. We're investigating... But we really don't know why. As you see, we tested with a lot of platform and security applications.

7. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Yes I don't mind, each time when I do this I remove any malware on my system partition, even the MBR Rootkit and other low level changes, including Joanna's invisible things, if they are present. :)

8. aigle

aigle Registered Member

But not the BIOS rootkits! :D

9. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

I have to hand it to you Eric, your posts regarding the search for the PERFECT shield/recovery combo, although at times bordering on drawing attention from the Wilder's patrol guards :D is helped put a whole new light on the absolute IMPORTANCE of achieving as close to 100% safety as humanly possible with whats available for us.

It's stimulating from one aspect of it but also is very practical and IMO drives hard our expectations to the very highest possible level that we, the user's, expect to receive from today's latest software innovations.

10. LeVuHoang

11. yankinNcrankin

yankinNcrankin Registered Member

Is the paid version of this beta program able to block region screen captures? Currently trialiang 2.0 beta and it won't block Faststone's region capture even though I have the program disallowed.

12. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

This all reads as nothing more that another advetisement to me, theres no real enhancements that the same couldn't be accoplished with a good free combo of a HIPS + Snoopfree couldn't do for free, so it's nothing impressive or really new in the innovation IMO which warrants advertising this here.

13. LeVuHoang

@yankinNcrankin: as I wrote in the first post. You can upgrade to official 2.0 for FREE, include SCREEN CAPTURE.
    @EASTER: It's up to you. SnoopFree is not powerful, not work with Vista. HIPS is not designed for Anti Keyloggers. When we tried to discount to $27.99, we hope more people have chances to use it and get supporting from us. Thanks

14. yankinNcrankin

yankinNcrankin Registered Member

Thanks for the answer I think I missed the earlier post. :)

15. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Like i said earlier. good luck for a successful run with it.

Snoopfree doesn't have to be POWERFUL, it just needs to work and DOES, at least for some of us, and HIPS, contrary to belief fill in the gaps. Now if keylogger is so intelligent or masterful to elude surveillance, it still must transfer whatever is copy back out to internet world, and thats where FIREWALL awaits.

Locally though, keylogging a machine can be very very simple, if someone wants to tap into it without need for exporting by transfer technique such as pass thru Browser, telnet etc.

16. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Hi,

It doesn´t seem to play nicely together with other HIPS, this is a big problem, an even worse, even on machines with no other tools installed, I still get bad results, when protection was enabled I couldn´t launch any other app. I didn´t have this problem with the none GUI version, so seems like this app needs quite some work.

17. LeVuHoang

hi,
    When did the problem happen ? When you click on Start button or when the installation is finished ?
    I made two custom builds for wilderssecurity users (we do all the best for wilderssecurity members :D), who stucked at file launching
    1. [FireLion] Anti Keyloggers without Self Protection:
    http://the-best-soft.com/softwares/antikeyloggers/AntiKeyloggersSetupNoSelfProtection.exe

2. [FireLion] Anti Keyloggers full without Themida packer (I don't know maybe the problem comes from this packer o_O):
    http://the-best-soft.com/softwares/antikeyloggers/AntiKeyloggersSetupNoThemida.exe

I hope the problem will be solved with one of two setup file above. If you have any problem, we always be here to support you.

Thanks

18. Rasheed187

Hi,

I have checked out both of those versions, and I got the same results, with protection enabled I couldn´t execute anything, and I also noticed that switching protection on/off doesn´t go smoothly. I´m sure that on a clean machine it would have probably worked perfectly, but on my VM it was a no go, and that´s why I wouldn´t dare to install on my real machine. Maybe you need to rewrite to app or something, I don´t know.

19. LeVuHoang

the application ran properly on a clean machine ? Was it ran smooth on it ?

What VM application are you using (VMWare, Microsoft Virtual PC) ? I use VMWare for testing.

20. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

I am amazed so many now turn to Virtual Machines, but it's still NOT in my opinion the most practical environment, especially when testing compiled applications. With that being said i suggest using a 100% Genuine virgin system to send it thru it's paces, if at all possible.

It's consistently reported as fact just how often apps exhibit different behaviors/issues when activated on a VM as opposed to RAW system.

Just an opinion. Might help to better steady up and also speed up a more stable release.

EASTER

21. Ilya Rabinovich

Ilya Rabinovich Developer

Virtual Machines are very usefull for the kernel-level software development.

22. LeVuHoang

I tested this applicaton with:
    + VMWare: Windows XP, XP SP2, 2k, 2k3 Server, Vista
    + Real machine: Windows XP SP2 (4 PCs), Vista (2 PCs)

All of them are ok, I'm currently don't know what problem with WilderSecurity users system.

23. LUSHER

LUSHER Registered Member

No problems here on a baseline VM machine (clean installed)

IIRC Rasheed always has problems with security programs in VM, this is not unique to antikeyloggers...

24. Rasheed187

No, sorry I don´t have a clean machine, but that´s not really important, since I always run multiple security tools side by side.

And not that I´m an expert or anything, but what I meant was with "rewrite the app", is that FAK is quite intrusive (driver, hooks and direct memory access) and this can cause problems I suppose.

I´m using VMware Workstation v5.5.

Well, not really, most HIPS that I install will function correctly, but I do experiment quite a lot, so no surprise that eventually some tools might start to malfunction. But that´s the thing, FAK must be able to work side by side with other HIPS.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2008
  25. LeVuHoang

LUSHER: You may not need to install on a clean system, I tested it with some security products I posted above. Just because I really don't know what happen with Rasheed187 and other systems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.