Firefox vs Chromium - Is chromium a good alternative for security/privacy?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Overdone, Sep 9, 2014.

1. DavidMac

DavidMac Registered Member

One of the items that is much more dangerous on Chromium or Chrome is the fact that you cannot protect the saved website passwords with a password anymore. They took out this ability without even a peep to alert people. Anyone that has access to your computer can go into settings and copy any or all of your saved passwords. There is no longer any way to password protect/encrypt passwords in Chromium/Chrome. In Firefox this is very easy to do. Simply select that you want a master password and the entire password file is saved encyrpted. The only way someone can get your passwords is for them to have the master password. That's very easy security and makes having many complex passwords on all of your sites that you visit easy too- impossible on Chrome/Chromium since the option is no longer there. This makes me wonder what else is super dangerous on Chrome/Chromium.

2. guest

guest Guest

I would never store my passwords in my web browser. Not in Chrome, not in Firefox, not in IE, not in any other web browsers. Never.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.