Firefox Update?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by sooflymami, Mar 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sooflymami

sooflymami Registered Member

Firefox told me that "installing for updates" as soon as i opened the FF browser..and then after that i clicked on FF again in order to open browser, but after I did that all the sudden the "installing for updates" thing disappeared and seems like installation got canceled. What should I do now? And this is popped up afterwards, but since it didnt let me click "next" i just hit cancel. What should i do now? New FF update didn't get installed since this happened.

Attached Files:

2. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

Click on 'Help' - then click on 'Check For Updates'

3. sooflymami

sooflymami Registered Member

Ok thanks! I finished doing that and it got installed..but would it still let me know next time when there's an update when i click on the FF browser in the future even though previously, it disappeared (the part when it said "installing for updates" and got canceled) after I clicked on FF in order to open the new browser in the middle of installing and I clicked cancel on that screen shot above? Those shouldn't affect the future automatic update notice?

Last edited: Mar 12, 2009
  4. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

No. You'll be fine.

5. Firebytes

Firebytes Registered Member

sooflymami

If you want to avoid FF updates catching you unaware like that in the future you can set it to only notify you when updates are available but not install them without asking you or you can set it to only update when you manually do so. Open FF, go to Tools>Options>Advanced>Update... then see screenshot below

FF_options.jpg

Also, I couldn't help but notice in your screenshot that you have many icons on your desktop for trial software, etc. that most likely came with your computer when you got it. I would recommend that you uninstall all the unneeded trials, etc if you don't plan on using them. You can remove each manually in Windows Add/Remove Programs or you can use PC Decrapifier to remove many of them for you automatically. You can read about it and see screenshots here. Just be sure that you uncheck the uninstall routine for any programs it lists that you want to keep. For instance you might not want to uninstall AOL Trial if you are actually using AOL software. Also, if you use System Restore it wouldn't hurt to set a restore point first, just in case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.