Firefox - Unable to Find Server - AVIRA

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by buckshee, Sep 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buckshee

buckshee Registered Member

I have been having an ongoing problem when I go to some web sites I get an error message with Firefox saying `Server Not Found' almost immediately. (There is no consistency as to which sites) Then when I hit `Try Again' it invariably loads the page. This is quite common and very frustrating. I can't help but wonder if AVIRA Premium 10 web control is at the heart of the problem as when I disable it I don't seem to get these problems. I wonder if this is related to HTTP checking and will be a problem with other antivirus programs as well.
    Currently I have AVIRA Premium 10 web control disabled and I have enabled Agnitum Outpost web control to Optimum - but I don't thing Outpost web control is as thorough as AVIRA web control
    Would appreciate any insights

Last edited: Sep 3, 2010
  2. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

While I don't personally use Firefox, I have a number of friends who use it with Avira Premium and they aren't having this issue.

3. gdiloren

gdiloren Registered Member

I am disappointed with latest upgrades of AVIRA and uninstalled it to switch to AVG 9.0. Sorry I paid for AVIRA but updates are terrible and unattendable, too much interactions with other commonly used security softwares. I had same problems. It's webguard module recently updated. By the way, the modules were switching themselves off while on the net and only solution was reboot or uninstall. Done!!!:rolleyes:

4. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

It's been happening to me with Chrome even though I never use the web guard. I must say that it is not "an ongoing problem" it really happens sporadically, and I've always attributed it to my connection, location, time of the day etc.(I have Look'n'Stop firewall)

Have you tried using another browser (I'm not suggesting you should drop Firefox, only as a test)? I would also check the interaction of Outpost with Avira (see if uninstalling Outpost makes any difference).

5. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

I have been having a problem with Firefox taking for ever to open up on my Emachine PC2. I mean you measure it in minutes not seconds... I think it is Firefox:mad:

6. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

When you install for the first time Outpost Pro,it detects your AV and for incompatibility reasons,Outpost deactivate its own Web Guard(and Antispyware module).But if you installed Avira after OP,this might be a little problem.Try do deactivate OP web guard,and leave Avira's.
    I ignored once OP's warning at installation,as it detected my AVG(and my Avast,NOD 32,etc) and everything went fine,until i have to do a restart.BSOD.I had to use a CTM snapshot.
    Second time,i've "listen" to OP's warning,i leaved checked the mark with AVG at installation,and no problems at all.Both app running smooth with no problems.

7. buckshee

buckshee Registered Member

I always install Outpost after my AV so that Outpost doesn't load its own antispyware and Webguard if the Av has these features

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.