Firefox Stops Responding

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Blackspear, Jul 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. f123

f123 Guest

It's very easy to completely delete FF. Just search your hard drive for the Mozilla folder (per my previous post), delete it, and you're done. I like to use the zip built...no need to install FF. Just extract the zip file, open the Firefox-win32-0.9.x\firefox folders, and click on firefox.exe. The firefox-win32-0.9.x folder contains the main FF program. When you click on firefox.exe, it will create another folder called Mozilla where your profile, custom settings, and cache are stored.

If you deleted the Mozilla folder and are still having problem, then you need to delete the Firefox-win32-0.9.x folder. Reload Firefox from the web. Extract it. And launch Firefox.exe.

I like to back-up the Mozilla folder once I'm happy with all the tweaks and extensions. Should I encounter problems down the road, I simply delete the current Mozilla folder and replace it with the good back-up Mozilla folder.

2. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

f123, thanks for that info. [filed away for future reference] ;)

@ Blackspear... glad it got sorted mate :)

Just for future reference.... re Mozilla/firefox profiles, etc.

It is in Documents and Settings/***username***/Application Data/Mozilla/Firefox.

Cheers, TAS

Attached Files:

3. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Thanks f123, being new to Firefox, I didn't place the connection between Mozilla and it, as well it is a hidden folder, so had to change my viewing profile to display hidden files and folders...

And good to know what to back up :D

Thanks Tassie, that's where I found it hiding :rolleyes:

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.