firefox released 3.0.9 today

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by tgell, Apr 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tgell

tgell Registered Member

After a weekend of stability testing, version 3.0.9 -- the latest security update to the Firefox 3.0 browser series -- can now be downloaded.

Article

2. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

Will 3.0.9 be available through the browser's update tab?

* Oops! According to the article it will be available that way in another day or so.

3. schonman

schonman Registered Member

i recently updated my firefox and also updated Eset to 4.0 however there are a couple of websites that take a a while to load in like 5 minutes. when I disabled Eset it came on instantly. I'd like to know if I can go back to Eset 3.0 using the original CD installation disc and would it give me another user ID and password if I did?

4. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

I just installed 2 days ago 3.0.8, man really slow and taking up a lot of memory and slowing my PC down. I dumped Firefox and went back to Kmeleon, so much faster and lighter.

I'll never use FF again... :thumbd:

5. tipstir

tipstir Registered Member

Wow... another one.. soon 3.10.. 3.08 still showing up thos...

6. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

Must be your rig as on mine 3.0.8 is faster than the previous build and extremely quick. A keeper I think...and I cannot wait to see how they have improved 3.0.9. :D

7. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

8. L815

L815 Guest

I always was a ff guy, but now I've finally realized that all those speed improvements in the recent versions don't carry over to the actual "feel" of the browser.

Kmeleon beats firefox at that, but with older versions of gecko the site compatibility problems are too much.

Opera has settled in nicely. No addons to worry about, fast, sleek, and secure.

Dragonly with Opera 10 has come to the same level (if not better) than firebug.

9. the Tester

The new version is available thru the browser update tab now.

10. Warlockz

Warlockz Registered Member

Agree, 3.0.8 was fast, and 3.0.9. is the same, But when I used to have loads of add-ons eirlier versions werent so fast, I guess people need to disable the add-ons they never use and just stick with the Addons they Use all the time!

This is a list of the ones I find usefull and the only ones Im using at this time

AdblockPlus
    All-in-one-sidebar
    BetterPrivacy
    Download Statusbar
    Dr.Web anti-virus Link checker
    Drag and Drop.io
    ErrorZilla Plus
    Febe
    Greasemonkey
    HistoryBlock
    NoScript
    PageHacker
    PanicButton
    Password Hasher
    Redirect Remover
    Stealther
    Stylish
    Torrent Finder Toolbar (You can add a button that opens and closes this toolbar, its a must have for torrent lovers)
    and
    TrackMeNot

I'm also using the Vista-aero theme, Its a IE lookalike, and has added buttons on the right side tabbar which adds easy shortcuts instead of having to go to Tools to find these settings/options!

Its the perfect setup for me!

11. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

the Tester, thanks for the heads-up! Just updated to 3.0.9 via Check for Updates; new version working fine. :thumb:

12. Boost

Boost Registered Member

Just updated with no problems to report :thumb:

13. the Tester

You're welcome JRViejo.
    Version 3.0.9 is running well here too.

14. tipstir

tipstir Registered Member

Now updated to 3.09, and it has been fast after you tweak the pipe feature it can take off.. That other member you got a lot of add-ons loaded.. I only load what I need.

15. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

Install Kmeleon and then tell us which uses less memory and is faster... :D

16. L815

L815 Guest

Is it difficult to update gecko on your own?
    One of the reasons I don't use kmeleon is because old versions of gecko give me problems on many sites.

17. Gaeko

Gaeko Guest

Thanks for the info. :)

18. Baldrick

Tried it on my rig a while back and was no faster than Firefox...for me that is...which is why I am sticking to Firefox:D

19. ruinebabine

ruinebabine Registered Member

Weird, because here now I reserve FF for only when I have a special need that I know will be fulfeed by some particular extension and there no urge, and system ressources are mostly free (not actually in multi-tasking frenzy). It's also true that the most extensions/add-ons that we installed and use, the most Firefox will be hungry. But I take now the precaution to unable/enable most of them at need.
    Last months, K-Meleon and Opera are more & more my regular, if not almost exclusive, web oparators. I just find them at least as fast & dandy, and most importantly, easier on my limited system's resources (bah, I have to finaly build or buy that new pc, task that I kept reporting from one month to another too long this last year :().

20. Baldrick

Interesting because I am running an AMD K7 2400+ processor (remember those?) on a 6-7 year rig, with 1Gb RAM, under WinXP SP3, albeit with carefully stripped out services, etc., and FF3 is really quick.

I too need to consider a new PC but I am waiting for Windows 7 offical release as I won't touch Vista...but that is another story. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.