Firefox question

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by J. Braddock, Sep 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J. Braddock

J. Braddock Guest

Hi

Could someone tell me, in very basic newbie terms, how to save my bookmarks in Firefox including Imported IE favorites? I'm trying to save them because i will be reformatting my hard drive very soon.

Here's what i've done so far. Went to program files > opened Firefox folder > opened Chrome folder > right click on bookmarks.html and chose send to my documents. The file is now in my documents. Should i save this file and put it in the chrome folder after i reinstall Firefox? That should put the bookmarks back in the newly installed version of Firefox right? Thanks for any help.

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Open up Firefox, click on:

Bookmarks
    Manage Bookmarks
    File
    Export

Cheers :D

3. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

Hi J. Braddock,
    Just go to Bookmarks | Manage Bookmarks and choose File | Export and give a name to your file. Afterwards you can import this file back.

I hope this helps. ;)

Edit: Blackspear beat me to it. :D

4. J. Braddock

J. Braddock Guest

Thanks guys. So just to be clear here I should go to bookmarks > manage bookmarks > file > export. Should i then Choose the chrome folder > click open > choose bookmarks.html > and then click the save button? Or should i just save at export? Thanks.

5. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

Just Save at Export. ;)

6. J.Braddock

J.Braddock Guest

Thanks Eldar. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.