FireFox is Not Letting Me Give An Update Notice

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by sooflymami, Dec 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sooflymami

sooflymami Registered Member

I use firefox now because my other computer got infected which I'm still trying to figure out a way to fix it. But after I got FireFox on this computer, no updates are coming up. I got this a couple days ago and My friend told me that it told him that there's a new version of FireFox update but when I opened the browser, no notice came up. And yes I already have it set as automatic. I want it to give me a notice so I'll know when there's an update instead of doing it manually. What should I do?

2. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

What version of Firefox do you have installed? Help\About Mozilla Firefox. The most recent is 3.0.5

3. sooflymami

I have 3.0.4 but when I open FireFox browser, it doesn't give me any notice about new updates even though it's already checked automatic. I want it to let me know when I have updates so I will know that I do and can update.

4. ThunderZ

I am not sure how often FF checks for updates. I think it can be changed in about:config. For now do a manual update or uninstall FF 3.0.4 and download 3.0.5 in it`s entirety and reinstall.

5. sooflymami

When you updated it, did you do it manually? Is anyone else besides me having the same problem of the FF not giving any notice about update?

6. AKAJohnDoe

AKAJohnDoe Registered Member

app.update.interval in about:config defaults to 86400 which is the number of seconds in 24 hours, or a day on this planet

7. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I have FF configured to notify me when an update is available. I can't remember when it has. I always find out here on the Wilder's forum and click check for updates, where upon it does. No big deal. :)

8. ThunderZ

Yep, did it manually after reading it was available here in Wilders.

9. Tarq57

Tarq57 Registered Member

It will update itself sooner or later. To double check, click on "help" then "check for updates" in the drop down menu.

10. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

does it work when you manually tell firefox to check for updates (if it still has that option, i don't have it but i think that's because i'm using a repackaged version), in the past my firefox couldn't update because of the http proxy i used, i had to disable the proxy to get it working. you could disable any proxy you have and try again, or try running firefox in 'firefox safemode' and try again just to check an addon isn't blocking it. the safemode option might be in the firefox menu.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.