Firefox D/L and Move/Copy/delete exe

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by KaosAD, Jan 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KaosAD

KaosAD Registered Member

Firefox still hangs on file (exe) downloads. A good example of the d/ling problem is trying to d/l ImgBurn from Betanews.com or Softpedia.com. It's a 1.5mb d/l and yet never finishes plus it you'll have to kill the Firefox process. I have left Firefox for up to 15mins and it can only be closed via task manager.

As for the copy/move/delete problem with an exe, if I try to copy/move/delete an exe I'll eventually have to do a forced reboot.

I'm running WinXP SP2 with all updates.
    WinXP firewall.
    NOD32 v3.0.621.0 with:
    Virus signature database: 2790 (20080114)
    Update module: 1019 (20071030)
    Antivirus and antispyware scanner module: 1102 (20080103)
    Advanced heuristics module: 1068 (20071119)
    Archive support module: 1069 (20080113)
    Cleaner module: 1024 (20071217)

My machine is a P4 3.0ghz with 2gb ram.

It's definitely NOD because as soon as I disable NOD the hanging does not occur. I've spent the last 3 days trouble shooting before I posted this just to make sure it wasn't another piece of software. I also tried the "disable email file" scan and the problem still occurs. All my NOD settings are default with the exception of disabling ThreatSense.

2. jmc777

jmc777 Registered Member

NOD's having trouble with certain types of files (see the 'Problem with DivX related files' thread further down the page), I'm sure ESET will fix it soon-ish.

3. Stijnson

Stijnson Registered Member

Do these problems also apply to v2.x? I haven't seen my pc for a few days so I can't check it myself.

4. jmc777

jmc777 Registered Member

5. Stijnson

Stijnson Registered Member

6. KaosAD

KaosAD Registered Member

I sure hope they fix this soon. I've used NOD32 forever until last Oct. when I decided KIS7 filled my needs. Well 3 months later and my wallet a good bit lighter, I'm back with my trusty NOD. I need my NOD reliable again since the nightmare called KIS7 or I just may start drinking again o_O

7. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Not a problem here, the scan never freezes. The installer is always scanned in about 14 seconds with advanced heuristics enabled. Disabling it make scanning much faster.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.