Firefox and Opera problems

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by raakii, Feb 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raakii

raakii Registered Member

Firefox as many use is an excellent browser known for its addons.But the main problem with firefox is that its load time (for initial loading) is way too long to be even considered acceptable.Compared with opera and chrome this is unacceptable.Even without extensions it seems bloated.

Chrome needs adblock plus and extension to be considered great.

Opera has many features that i dislike.How to incorporate the following?
    1)I need to adblock individual images of websites just like adblock image of firefox.pop up blocker is fine .But no adblocking image feature available for me

2)It does not allow shortcut like ctrl+enter and shift +enter.

3)opera seems to be stopping when a link is clicked with no features of a page being loaded , giving an impression that its failed to load and suddenly after 15 seconds the page start loading.

4)I dislike its scroll bar and it skidding action.

2. Sully

Sully Registered Member

3. raakii

raakii Registered Member

Wat makes kmeleon a good browser , i cant beleive its a solution to the browser problem ,Does it support mozilla addons?

4. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

1 is actually built in. Right click, Block Content. Choose image(s), click Done. Couldn't be simpler.

5. raakii

raakii Registered Member

Hello pedro ,this information u told pertains to which browser?

6. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

Opera.

7. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

I switched to opera from Fox because of this with fox,Especially sandboxie a three second cold start sandboxed with opera is very noticeable from 13 seconds with fox.Never thought I would say I like opera better but I do.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2009
  8. raakii

raakii Registered Member

I find k meleon useful, but can i integrate IDM with k-meleon.?

9. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

At the moment Chrome and Opera are the fastest browsers,i mean lightning fast if compared with that bloated Fox stuff.
    Using them security is not an issue.

10. Sully

Sully Registered Member

KM is light and fast. It supports most things that FF support, add-in wise, like NoScript. It is not an Internet Suite. It is a browser only. There are many add-ons and plugins available. The forum is friendly and active, and willing to help. It is very customizable.

Having had more than one conversation in here about the browser vs. browser issue, I think it safe to say that you should try them all, and use which one 'feels' the best to you. For me, Opera feels fast and in my lingo 'bloated', whereas KM feels fast and light. Others feel differently. Only thing that matters is that it does what you want. And I think KM will do what you want if you give it a chance.

Sul.

11. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

+1 agree

12. raakii

raakii Registered Member

Only problem with opera is that there is no addon for roboform and IDM .Is there any solution for this??

13. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

From your sig to add security wise these addons would be hugely redundant. :D

14. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

You probably don't need roboform.
    Opera has the wand which keeps form info.

15. Pliskin

Pliskin Registered Member

To use IDM with opera you must get oGet. 27+ Download Managers are supported plus you can use your external DM as default or semi-default (Ctrl+Click).

16. raakii

raakii Registered Member

hi ; thanks for this good program ; Please help in button downloading.
    would you please tell me add the ability to "download from sites like rapidshare, megaupload and share sites [button downloading]

17. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

The Opera forum is very active, specific questions as to use etc would probably be more quickly and fully addressed there.

18. Pliskin

Sorry, I don't use oGet but I think it can handle rapid, mega etc. You should read comments on that blog page (I presume you read the Readme).

19. raakii

raakii Registered Member

yes it works now after installing the user javascript.Is there any addon to opera for Downloading flash videos.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2009
  20. Pliskin

Probably, try to find it on this page. Maybe that list is a little outdated and not complete, so it's better to use opera forum for newer "addons". Also you can use Orbit downloader which has Grab++ feature and supports opera (without oGet).
    These are addons which I use: Flashblocker, Adblock Plus, GetSize and Linkification. Linkification from mentioned page is "old" use this instead. Also look for some excellent opera buttons here.
    The most important thing to me is interface (besides speed and startup time) which is fully customisable. Just look carefully at the screenshot Opera interface.png

21. raakii

raakii Registered Member

22. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

True Firefox is slow loading but it's worth the wait. You can customize it the way you want it. I use it on 4 FDISR snapshots, each with their own theme and add ons. :D

23. raakii

raakii Registered Member

It is a shame that a great browser like firefox is bloated .

24. Arup

Arup Guest

The Javascript for youtube downloader works quite well. Opera is not only fast, its the least bloated of suite, don't look Opera as browser and comapre it to KM which is just a browser alone. Out of box, Opera does much more with minimal resource use than any other and yes, if you want a separate Opera browser, there is always teh Hugin and Munin concept.

25. raakii

raakii Registered Member

Accepted that opera is a good browser ,but i am not throw away mozilla and chrome either.

I got another doubt as i was typing the message . Does opera have a built in spell checker like firefox?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.