Firefox 4 And Photobucket Issue

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by cm1971, May 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cm1971

cm1971 Registered Member

I recently upgraded Firefox to version 4. Ever since then I have had sporadic issues with Photobucket. Every once in a while when I am accessing Photobucket and uploading photos Firefox crashes and becomes unresponsive and then the whole system becomes unstable and I eventually have to do a hard reboot because ctrl-alt-del doesn't work and everything just locks up. I never had this problem with Firefox 3. It is strange because Photobucket is the only site that does this. Except for the Photobucket issue the computer runs great. Firefox 4 runs great for all other sites. I sort of wondered if it might be a Flash issue since it takes down the whole system (I think Photobucket uses Flash). I look through the event logs after rebooting and nothing shows up. Everything is up to date. Any suggestions or anyone else having issues with Photobucket and the latest Firefox?

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

did you try some other browser and photobucket to see if the issue persists?

3. cm1971

cm1971 Registered Member

Like I said version 3 never had this problem nor IE. Only Firefox 4.

4. guest

guest Guest

Firefox 4 still has a few bugs as far as I am concerned
    one for instance is if you are downloading something
    and close Firefox and then reopen it BEFORE the download
    is complete instead of opening to your home page it will
    automatically open all pages you had open when you
    started the download and you will have to click on
    home to get to your home page

5. cm1971

cm1971 Registered Member

I found a thread on Adobe's site. Apparently others are having similar issues with Flash. They offered a solution which I am trying but since the problem is sporadic it may be a while before I can determine if it works or not.

6. chrisretusn

chrisretusn Registered Member

Photobucket is working fine for me.

Are you using NoScript? You will need to allow photobucket.com and at least static.pbsrc.com for some features to work.

7. cm1971

cm1971 Registered Member

From what I read at the Adobe forum Firefox 4 is the problem specifically the way the plugin container works. I followed their recommendation of copying a few Flash files from the system32 folder to the Firefox plugin folder and so far it has not happened again so I'm hoping that fixed it.

8. cm1971

cm1971 Registered Member

So far the issue has not happened again so it looks like the Adobe suggestion worked. :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.