FireFox 3 and IE7 on vista

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Dark Shadow, Jul 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

This might be stupid,But just tried something and confused why?
    I just Installed firefox 3 on a vista OS.Here is my question and confusion. If I open my connection with firefox as my default connection as expected No protection mode.Now If I open my IE browser Not my default browser and noted not to make it my default.I still have protection on with UAC function.Here IS my confusion,If IE7 Is not my default browser why does protection mode/UAC work.So even though IE7 says its not my default browsr is it still using IE7 and Not firefox or is it using firefox going through the IE7.

2. CogitoErgoSum

CogitoErgoSum Registered Member

Hello djohn,

FYI, "protected mode" is a feature that is "only" available in IE 7 under Vista with UAC "enabled". It has nothing to do with what browser is set as default. Please take a look at the following links below.

http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2006/02/09/528963.aspx (Protected Mode in Vista IE7)
    http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/20...for-ie7-in-windows-vista-is-it-on-or-off.aspx ((Protected Mode for IE7 in Windows Vista - Is it On or Off?)

In any case, if you have set it as such, FireFox is your default browser. Hope this helps.

Peace & Gratitude,

CogitoErgoSum

Last edited: Jul 5, 2008
  3. CogitoErgoSum

CogitoErgoSum Registered Member

Hello djohn,

You are very welcome. The links worked fine when I last checked, but are apparently not available for some reason.

Peace & Gratitude,

CogitoErgoSum

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.