Firefox 3.1 Coming Soon

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by dw426, Jun 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,147706-c,mozilla/article.html. Supposed to have an alpha by July. Personally, I'm worried. FF2 became worse and worse each release patch (for me), I really do not want to have to go through this again. I realize that this 3.1 may not just be a patch but the whole browser revamp, but I think it's too soon, and, deep down I can't shake that feeling that there are going to be problems. I hope I'm wrong.

2. Sputnik

Sputnik Registered Member

Don't worry, it'll will take around 8 months for 3.1 to become final. I expect February 2009.

3. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Yeah, I just hope it truly is what they say, just a way to add in the things that didn't make it on time for FF3....and lets hope those left out additions don't cause problems to an otherwise perfectly fine browser. Firefox 1.5 and below were fantastic, I just don't want to see any backtracking now that they have finally gained so much in the browser market.

4. KookyMan

KookyMan Registered Member

Firefox 3.0 isn't permanent. It never was expected to be.. You just need to have faith in the developers, and the community, that they won't back step in the continued work of Firefox.

I mean, if FF Development "stopped" at the perfect version, then it never would have made it to 3.0.

I'm eager to see what 3.1 brings.

And don't forget, even Firefox 4 is in the pipeline, and has been since before 3.0 went gold.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.