Firefox 15 Beta 1 is more stable than 14.0.1

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by berryracer, Jul 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

Ever since I tried Firefox 14 beta 1, 2, 3, etc and even on the final version 14.0.1 I get random crashes when I am browsing with a few tabs open and a prompt to send Mozilla a Crash report...

Even without addons this happens so there is a major bug in Firefox 14.0.1

I was ready to downgrade to v13.0.1 but noticed that now there is a Firefox 15 Beta 1 already..

I installed it and now Firefox doesn't crash at all and is super snappy :)

Download Firefox 15 Beta 1 -ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/15.0b1-candidates/build1/win32/en-US/Firefox Setup 15.0b1.exe-

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2012
  2. niki

niki Registered Member

Perhaps v 15 beta 1 is more stable for you but I find v 14.0.1 running just fine. ;) To tell you the truth, I've never had any problems with all stable Fx versions in the past or present since 2004. (knock wood) If there were some minor ones it was always an extension or a plugin such as Flash Player recently or for others a corrupt profile. People too often blame the browser itself.

3. berryracer

You are totally wrong. It's just a matter of time till you get the crash.

And if you think that maybe it is an addon or flash player that is causing the crash you are also wrong because Firefox 13.0.1 and 15 Beta 1 have not crashed on me ever......stable as a rock

In fact, I have never EVER had this crash in Firefox that prompts me to send a report to Mozilla ever since I started using Firefox since v3...

4. RJK3

RJK3 Registered Member

Curious, why do you have an identical thread here, and give an identically inappropriate response to a poster:

http://forums.anandtech.com/showpost.php?p=33705002&postcount=4

5. RJK3

RJK3 Registered Member

You can blame the browser if it lets a crash from a third-party element break things :) and IMO you can blame the browser if the profiles keep getting corrupted.

6. kupo

kupo Registered Member

I know many guys who updated to Firefox 14 and none of them had a crash. I'm using Firefox 14 for many hours and not a single crash was given to me. How long do I have to keep my Firefox open so that I will experience the "crash" of version 14 that you only seem to have.

7. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

+1. I've been using Fx 14 (when it was beta) for ~6 weeks. No crash. Not one.

8. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

9. JohnBurns

JohnBurns Registered Member

FWIW, I am now using Internet Explorer.....Firefox and Google Chrome both are having problems on my pc, after latest updates. Guess MS IE9 comes in handy sometimes....lol!

10. chrisretusn

chrisretusn Registered Member

Firefox 14.0.1 on multiple systems, not one crash.

11. treehouse786

treehouse786 Registered Member

same :cool:

12. niki

niki Registered Member

Well then ...... I'm still waiting for a crash since you seem to know better than I in how Fx works on my machine. ;) You must be a genius in being able to tell the future of my Fx browser if it will be crashing or not. :D Did you ever visit mozillazine forum to see whether/if crashes are caused by extensions and/or plugins?

You just cannot tell everyone that Fx 15 beta is more stable than the stable release of 14.0.1 just because it seems to be working fine for you.

13. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

Firefox 15 plugs the add-on leaks.

Perhaps the cause of the crashes were in part due to memory exhaustion brought on by the memory leaks.

On the basis that FF 15 has the memory leaks fixed and FF 14 does not - I would hazard an educated guess that FF 15 is more stable than the stable release of 14.0.1 unless it too has the memory leak fix.

-- Tom

14. berryracer

Thanks a lot for posting that link dude!

While I don't appreciate some of the negative comments above accusing me as if I was a mozilla hater while in fact it has been and still is my fav. browser. I just posted an issue I faced and my friend in the netherlands faced as well maybe someone has any ideas but in stead I get bashed as if I were making this up

Anyway, for those of you who don't have the issue great...for me..

I have used every version of Firefox since v3 and never had it crash on me other than in v14 but luckily v15 beta 1 was available on the same day and it solved my issue which happened too often that made the browser not even usable as I would be typing on a forum on one page then suddenly FF will just shut down with a prompt for me to send an error report to Mozilla

15. Tsast42

Tsast42 Registered Member

It may be platitudinous but every system is different and what works fine for one person can be a nightmare for the next user along. It is good to hear that version 15 resolves the issues with 14 that caused your machine problems especially as this likely affected many others who haven't writen about it online.

16. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

17. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

One wonders how any software is successful o_O

18. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

19. berryracer

20. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

Just updated from beta 1. I've had no stability issues with 14 or 15, but 15 is absolutely faster. :thumb:

21. berryracer

Indeed :D:D

22. harsha_mic

harsha_mic Registered Member

just being curious, in what terms its faster, like startup,pageload times?

23. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

All of the above.

24. berryracer

Ditto!!

Firefox 15 is the best Firefox I have used to date

25. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

"Startup" for me means to load the seven pages I usually keep open. In this task, FF 15, like all the previous versions, is terribly slow compared to IE9.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.