Firefox 15.0.1

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by berryracer, Sep 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. d0t

d0t Registered Member

I think we are not in the same page haha. When you guys say 'reboot', you mean restart Firefox? Because if so, I have never seen an update that didn't need to restart it

2. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

Same situation in Windows 7 but not on XP. For W7, I had the maintenance service installed, not on XP, maybe that causes it. Fixed by uninstalling 15 and running a 15.01 installer as suggested by RejZoR.

Bo

3. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Under Win 7, I don't think the user has any choice but to allow the Browser to reload in it's new incarnation, that would not include a PC reboot.

4. niki

niki Registered Member

Same done here. I think that the maintenance service was installed to bypass the UAC for silent updates. Who is to know what the cause is/was. A bug was filed about this just recently.

5. PunchsucKr

PunchsucKr Registered Member

Thanks for the post, i have attempted a clean reinstall, however what i am unsure of is that since the time this update method has been implemented (in the about box) i have had at least 3 windows reinstalls and the same stuck update.
    Could it be something about my config that is causing this problem repeatedly? I run two profiles of firefox, running as standard user with applocker enabled..but i guess this wouldn't be so different from other users at wilders.
    Fingers crossed till the next update!

6. encus

encus Registered Member

I know it's not a problem; I'm just trying to share info.....that's all :D

7. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

same here.but firefox does require a reboot after every update.:ninja:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.