Firefox 12.01a and Chromium 18.0.981.0 benchmarks

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Hungry Man, Dec 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

So on another forum this was more relevant but I thought I'd post these benchmarks here.

These are taken from my Windows 8 Dev 64bit Machine. Clean installs, each browser was closed between each benchmark. No other program was open.

Hardware:
    i5 520m (2.4ghz dual core)
    ATI 5650
    Seagate Momentus XT 500GB (BitLocker)
    8GB 1066mhz RAM (2x4GB)

Firefox 12.01a 64bit
    Chromium 18.0.xxx.0 (I forget >_>)

Take these as you will, I just thought someone might be interested:

Peacekeeper: Bigger is better
    V8 (Google's Benchmark): Bigger is better

Kraken: (Mozilla's Benchmark) Smaller is better

Full comparison for Kraken:
    Here

Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
  2. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Interesting, but a little early on judgement as neither of those browser versions are even Beta (I at least know Firefox 12 isn't). It's also on a Windows 8 machine which could further skewer the results possibly (not stating a fact, just a thought). I'd like to see Firefox 10 up against 17, or, heck, maybe even Waterfox up against, say, Chrome 17. Too much can happen in the very early channels.

3. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

Definitely. I only posted this here because someone on another forum was curious and I thought someone here might like to see. What those final versions may look like really can't be guessed.

Yep.

Take these with a grain of salt. It's what I get on my specific configuration of hardware and software, results will certainly vary to some extent and in a week these browsers could look very different.

4. HAN

HAN Registered Member

I have begun testing/trying Chrome at work because I keep reading about how FF is on the way down. I don't do (and won't do) speed benchmarking and so forth. What matters to me is how it performs throughout the day, from day to day. (Speed at work is a 1.5 Meg T-1. PC is a reasonably equipped 2 year old XP box.)

My observations...

The extensions I'm trying are not as fully fleshed out as those in FF but they are not as mature (which is to be expected.)

I hate the forced updates (I firmly believe users should have final control of any and all updates.) I completely understand the security arguments for updates. They still don't change my feelings on this. (FWIW, I know the updates can be disabled by hand.)

A bothersome Chrome bug for me... from time to time, some pages don't load without manually refreshing them.

Lastly, speed-wise, it seems no faster than current FF builds. Not even a little bit.

This all said, in general, Chrome is ok. I will keep running it for now to give it a fair test.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.