Firefox 1.0.1 + Kaspersky Personal Pro 5.0.20

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by RejZoR, Mar 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

I'm wondering one thing about Kaspersky...
    Why does it have such problems with Firefox?
    If i try to download EICAR sample,it does warn me,but when i try to delete it it says there isn't any such file at all!?
    If i use Recommended settings,file just stays in Firefox Download "manager" with Starting... status and nothing moves anywhere.

When i try the very same EICAR sample in IE6 everything works just fine each and every time.
    Can anyone try this for me with latest KAV5 Pro (in IE6 and Firefox 1.x)?
    I also contacted Kaspersky Labs about this,but i haven't got any response at all.
    I hope someone from Kaspersky is reading this.

2. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

Do you have a problem with 4.5 and Firefox? I didn't last summer when I had a 30 day trial. I had 5.0 personal for just a few days but I don't recall any problems with eicar and the first thing I did with both versions was test with eicar using Firefox. Last summer I think I had FF 0.9 so maybe 1.0 conflicts, whereas, the earlier versions did not. Sorry, if I had Kaspersky currently, I would be happy to test it with FF. If it gave me problems KAV would go immediately as Firefox is much more essential to me than what AV I use. But this is disturbing as I have been reading about KAV 6.0 here and I'm interested in it but not if it has any problems with Firefox.

3. Tinribs

Tinribs Registered Member

Are you commenting on the unzipped eicar.com file? if so its a firefox thing, if you are having this issue with zipped and double zipped files then I am afrqaid I can not replicate your issues, and I have used Firefox and other gecko based browsers for years now.

Kev
    :)

4. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

No,i'm talking about normal EICAR.com sample.

5. VoXPCS

VoXPCS Guest

I don't have any issues with FireFoX or KAV Personal Pro. The test viruses download just fine and KAV simply doesn't notify me that it's not allowing them to be extracted but it does catch them just fine.

6. waters

waters Registered Member

Same for me

7. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Thats because you're using Recommended settings. I want to have full control over detections and i have set KAV to show me warning dialog.
    But the "Starting..." download issue of blocked files in Firefox is still present even with Recommended settings for On-Access.

8. angel123

angel123 Guest

I use firefox 1.0.1 to surf the following eicar text file
    http://www.eicar.org/download/eicar.com.txt
    Firefox display the following text inside the firefox browser.
    X5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

But kaspersky didn't give me alert, but using Opera and IE surfing above link, kaspersky monitor will give me virus alert.

is this ok? why firefox surfing above eicar text file, kasperky monitor has no respond?

thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.