Finjan Secure Browsing updated (finally!)

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by acr1965, Jul 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. progress

progress Guest

I tested it again and sometimes the waiting time is more than 10 seconds, goodbye Finjan Secure Browsing :(

2. muf

muf Registered Member

Hehe, yep I too dipped my toe in the Finjan Secure Browsing pool of water. Unfortunately, it turned out to be more like swimming in treacle. Slow slow slow. It was taken to my front door and had a size 11 shoe up it's backside. Goodbye!

muf

3. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

My point was that for the new exploits a historical rating tool like WOT seems to respond to their database as fast (or faster) as the realtime scanners like link scanner.

4. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

ye thats great site ir rated, but what happens if ur already at the site or if ur forwarded to a bad site, what is WOT gunna do for u other than just turn red and provide absolutely NO protection...

5. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

The point of WOT is not protection, IMHO, it's information. You shouldn't even rely solely on a real-time scanner, much less a database built by the users of WOT (It's really nothing more than a more accurate, more regularly updated SiteAdvisor). Who's to say Finjin or even LinkScanner is going to get it right? They have FPs just like AVs do, and, what happens if you're on a website that was clean when you entered, but had something malicious added to it while you were there, you hit "refresh" and boom, you're infected (if you don't have other protections in place that is). Sounds wild, but entirely possible.

I can confirm Finjin is now incredibly slow, why that is I have no idea. However, Avast's web-scanner is there for me doing the exact same job, and WOT is there to inform me of what MIGHT be on the website. Even if WOT is wrong, Avast has my back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.