Fine-tuning Eset antivirus for servers

Discussion in 'Other ESET Business Products' started by prince74, Nov 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prince74

prince74 Registered Member

Good afternoon.

Each is more or less of a company has a lot of servers. Different content, functions and roles ..
    And each of them has a system halyards, databases, etc. Some of these data are very critical and constant scanning of these files can theoretically reduce the performance or impair the performance of servers in general.
    Question is this.

What you can give professional advice on the creation of profiles (.xml) for customers antivirus servers in order to avoid "harmful" effects of scanso_O?

For example, for web-server - it is better to exclude some files, processes and registry branches,
    Server Exchange - such and such,
    for sql-server - this or that,
    etc.

From Microsoft is its recommendations, such as SQL Server
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/309422

but I would get recommendations hotle is from the manufacturer.:rolleyes:

I am sure many will be useful to know.:thumb:
    I would be most grateful for your help.

2. MattJN

MattJN Former ESET Support Rep

Hello,

The first action you want to verify is that you are installing the recommended product: ESET File Security for Windows Server. If you have installed that product, it will automatically configure itself for any Microsoft server roles that are enabled on it. If there are third party softwares you need to configure the product for (such as backup software, ERP, etc), then you will need to add those separately, and I recommend contacting the publisher of those softwares to get their recommendations as well. Hope that helps!

3. prince74

prince74 Registered Member

Thanks a lot!

Maybe you know what exceptions should I apply for products from other manufacturers. For example, for the Apache Web server 2.2.x, Tomcat 6.x and Oracle 11g?

I can not advice from the manufacturer on the internet ..: - [

4. MattJN

MattJN Former ESET Support Rep

Hello,

As a general rule of thumb, if you are experiencing performance issues with a third party software, you should exclude the folder paths to the binaries (exe files) for that software, any data locations the software stores information (such as databases), and possibly make sure they aren't using a port that our web access protection module might be scanning. I did find some information about Windows Servers running Oracle databases that recommended excluding:

- Oracle datafiles
    - Control files
    - Redo-log files
    - Archived redo-log files if database is in archive log mode
    - Files with extension '.ora'
    - Password file
    - Files with extension ' .log' under ORACLE_HOME

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.