Finding explanations about error message

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Niko, Jun 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Niko

Niko Registered Member

Hello,

Where can I find explanation about error messages sended by nod32 like :

MapNetworkDrive, parameters: , return value: 1219
    or
    During execution of Update on the computer LAURENT, the following warning occured: Update attempt failed (Server connection failure)
    or
    During execution of Update on the computer PC_PATRICK_B, the following warning occured: Error occured while updating program modules (Cannot replace the current file.)
    or
    During execution of Update on the computer MATHIEU, the following warning occured: Update attempt failed (An error occured during an attempt to acquire user identity. Maybe no user is logged in.)
    or
    03/06/2004 09:47:26 Mirror Not all selected modules have been updated. Updates on certain computers may not work.
    or
    01/06/2004 16:11:52 Update Function: gethostbyname, parameters: , return value: 11001.

I need to solve them definitively of course.

Thanks.

Niko

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The error codes are returned by the oper. system itself. Microsoft has a decoding utility which, after you enter the particular error number, will tell you its meaning in human speech.

3. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

how would you enter a server connection failure error into the Microsoft decoding utility? It isn't a numbered error.

Anyhow, where is this Microsoft utility located? I've been getting some odd errors recently in the NOD32 event logs that are numbered and I suppose could be entered into this utility.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Error 1219 means The credentials supplied conflict wth an existing set of credentials.

5. Niko

Niko Registered Member

Do you know the name of that utility or an URL to find it please ?

Niko

6. SKA

SKA Registered Member

I post this here as its about NOD32 error I get on scan Eudora Pro 6x
    mailbox files on Win98SE-English(USA), 512MB RAM, Athlon XP 1.4GhzIE 6SP1 +all patches, Ofc XP SP3, Outpost Pro 2.1x. , BOClean instal'd but not active,
    no other AV/AT, no dualboot - prob ocurs with and without IMON active:
    (Paulo's NODSE extension not installd):

F:\udo6\....\Etrad.fol\BeckyL.mbx MIME - error occured
    while reading archive
    F:\udo6\....\Etrad.fol\Kobi.mbx MIME - error occured
    while reading archive
    F:\udo6\....\Etrad.fol\ababa.mbx MIME - error occured
    while reading archive
    F:\udo6\....\Chem.fol\Luohe.mbx MIME - error occured
    while reading archive
    F:\bak\......\Value-1.txt MIME - error occured
    while reading archive
    F:\bak\......\vsoar-rp-1.txt MIME - error occured
    while reading archive
    F:\bak\......\IT-TRADE.TXT MIME - error occured while
    reading archive
    F:\bak\......\PCHW\Powprom.txt MIME - error occured
    while reading archive

Programs(including Eudora Pro) on C:, mailbox (*.mbx) files on drive F:

Comments:
    1. Eudora Pro 6x can't show multilngual charsets like Chinese, Japanese, etc as system is English OS, such chars look garbage on screen in Eudora windows (using MS Viewer is enabled).

2. This errors seem to happen when I get emails from OE/Outlook etc. on other non-English systems ie having non-english chars.

3. NOD32 gets confused if non-english chars in text files or Eudora's mailbox files ? Does this mean NOD32 can't scan these mbx files effectively ? Any one has any ideas/comments ? Tried reinstalls etc still same results as mbx files the same - I dont know how to parse/clean these eudora mbx files to get them squeaky clean enough for NOD32 w/o losing all info in them.

I am worried if NOD32 says it can't read these "archives", then it fails to scan them ? Do i get less protection in any way ?

4. When IMON is off, AMON always shows error in cleaning files, when
    IMON is on, I get what seems to be better cleaning/disinfection -not sure
    iif this just a cosmetic bug or just logging or reprting bug at fault here.

sincerely
    SKA

Last edited: Jun 4, 2004
  7. anders

anders Eset Staff Account

The program "Error Lookup" is distributed with Visual Studio. It's a simple program, but.. I don't know if it's distributed elsewhere.

The error code 1219 means that you can't logon to a network machine with two different usernames, and I guess that 11001 means that the DNS-lookup was actively denied. Don't know why though...

It appears you are using the mirroring function of NOD32, in combination with a shared folder. I suggest that you use the built-in HTTP-feature in the NOD32 Administrative Version Control Center instead. It's much easier, you won't need any shares or logins, and you add the server to the clients as http://[ip-of-the-server]:[port]. For example: http://10.0.0.50:8081

Doing that would probably remove most of those errors.

"Not all selected modules have been updated. Updates on certain computers may not work.". I haven't seen that one, but.. it seems like the NOD32 CC failed to update one of the selected versions. It will probably work the next time an update attempt is made.

Best regards,
    Anders

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.