[Final Release] Returnil Virtual System 2010 Home Free 3.0.6180.4924

Discussion in 'Returnil releases' started by renegade08, Sep 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. renegade08

renegade08 Registered Member

I just saw these and i think is official, although i can't find it posted here.

Download Link

2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Re: Returnil Virtual System 2010 Home Free 3.0.6180.4924

Hi renegade08,
    You caught us :)

The files and website have been updated and the downloads are for the final release version. We will be doing the official announcement starting tomorrow as we work to correct some back-end website glitches and get the customer announcements, client messages (current testers), and tester award e-mails sent.

Mike

3. StevieO

StevieO Registered Member

Oh goody.

I do hope this means that the System Restore and Defragging issues have now finally been sorted out fully ?

4. Coldmoon

As the cat is out of the bag :cool: I will stick these threads started by renegade08.

5. Coldmoon

Hi,
    The System Restore point issue will be addressed as soon as possible. For the time being the work-around is to create manual RPs. The defragmentation issue IS solved however.

Mike

6. pegr

pegr Registered Member

Has RVS Virus Guard been designed to run alongside an existing third-party antivirus program (e.g. Avira AntiVir) with real-time protection enabled without causing problems?

7. Coldmoon

Hi pegr,
    Yes, RVS 2010 should be compatible with your current AV. As these solutions will sometimes cause disruptions with install and/or uninstall, we recommend turning other security applications off temporarily during these operations and then turning them back on after the RVS install or uninstall.

Mike

8. Firebytes

Firebytes Registered Member

Coldmoon,

I assume you already know this and maybe the links aren't meant to work until tomorrow but the download links for the free version on your site aren't working. One link leads to a blank MajorGeeks page, one leads to the paid version of RVS at MajorGeeks, and one link led me to a beta version at another site but I don't remember which site it was now.

9. Coldmoon

Hi,
    Will get that fixed asap as they point to the same page. For the time being, go ahead and download the one from the Home Lux page and simply request a "Free" license type on the License Registration screen after install.

Secret: The installers for both are exactly the same but we retained two pages so that users would not get confused about which to install.

Mike

10. Firebytes

Firebytes Registered Member

Thanks for the info Coldmoon.

Concerning the links on your page here is some further info if needed:

Free version download button on this page (http://www.returnilvirtualsystem.com/products) goes to blank MajorGeeks page.

Free version download buttons on this page (http://www.returnilvirtualsystem.com/rvs-home-free) goes to listed as paid version on MajorGeeks.

The links listed under "Download Mirrors" for free version on this page (http://www.returnilvirtualsystem.com/rvs-home-free) go to MajorGeeks (paid version), Softpedia (listed as shareware), Download.com (beta version).

I hope this helps you straighten it all out.

11. Coldmoon

Thanks - will get them fixed as quickly as possible

Mike

12. pegr

pegr Registered Member

Thanks Mike. :thumb:

Regards

13. StevieO

StevieO Registered Member

coldmoon

Good news about the defragging issies, sorry to hear the System Restore problems havn't been sorted out yet ! Hope it's soon ?

Re links -

http://www.majorgeeks.com/Returnil_Virtual_System_2010_Home_Free_d5702.html

rvs-new.png

[noparse]Properties = rvs_2010.exe - 3.0.6121.4924 - (RVSWIN2008.9-9-2:cool: - 3.0.6180.4924-RC1[/noparse]

I downloaded the advertised free version from there yesterday, havn't installed it yet as i was waiting to hear about the issues first.

14. Coldmoon

Hi StevieO,
    Though there are references to RC1, it is the final version and supersedes RC0. The only thing that will change in the updated installers will be removal of the RC references.

Mike

15. kardo

kardo Registered Member

Hello,

Returnil thank you for this great program.
    I like that it is free for home users.

I´d like to recommend this program for everyone.

I have installed latest version of Returnil Virtual System and i don´t have any problems yet - All works very well.

Best Regards
    Kardo Kristal

16. pegr

pegr Registered Member

As an experiment, I tried running RVS Virus Guard alongside Avira AntiVir with real-time protection enabled in both programs, but the system slowed down dramatically, so I deactivated RVS Virus Guard and everything was OK again. It appears that the usual caveat about not running two antivirus products in real-time does apply to RVS Virus Guard (at least on my system).

17. SammyJack

SammyJack Registered Member

Here! Here! while i am waiting for my facebook license,yours has certainly been my experience with the 2.0.1 version.
    Returnil has been a welcome,trouble free, paradigm shift in my system to secure my machine.
    Bravo!

18. Coldmoon

Try excluding RVS files and folders in Avira and let me know if this clears the slow down issue.

Mike

19. renegade08

renegade08 Registered Member

Hi Mike,

Yea, i was waiting in ambush, so i guess it does pay it off. :argh:
    I hope that i didn't ruin some of your or your company plans (like taking the world).

Really good product. Keep up the good work.

Thanks. That so cool. I'm "sticky" for the first time. :D

- Renegade

Last edited: Oct 1, 2009
  20. pegr

pegr Registered Member

Sorry Mike, I should have mentioned that I had already excluded RVS from the AntiVir real-time guard before experiencing the problem.

21. Coldmoon

New build available

Returnil Virtual System 2010 Version 3.0.6228.4929

Download: Same links as first announcement post.

Stability:
    o Fixed displaying of a security message when it includes a filename with special characters
    o Fixed GUI hang when files are restored from quarantine in the case of insufficient disk space
    o Fixed GUI hang at startup on slow machines
    o Fixed GUI File Manager to access files and folders protected by File Protection
    o Fixed remote configuration update when the same parameter is changed several times quickly
    o Fixed uninstaller that has not deleted an application file in some cases after full product removal

Usability:
    o Updated help manual

Mike

22. halen666

halen666 Registered Member

why do you create a connection from my computer to 92.zoral-3.terabit.com.ua o_O?? I checked the box that I did not want to send anonimous info, I am not upgrading the antivirus, so why does the process rvsmon.exe. always connect to that address through port 80 If I am not requesting anythingo_O I am using wireshark by the way. It is annoying having software making connections on our backs.

23. littlebits

littlebits Registered Member

I just installed this version on XP SP3, the problem I'm having is the Virus Guard will not update and it continues to run using about 50% of CPU, until I exit the program from the Taskbar.

I have Online Armor and it has full access to the internet, according to Online Armor's firewall logs.
    Successfully connected to 91.193.166.92:80

What's the problem??:rolleyes:

Thanks.

24. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

I'm seeing this as well. Not sure of the cause. I have submitted a support request, so at least some info is in the queue.

Blue

25. subset

subset Registered Member

I assume you have a dual core CPU.
    With a single core it looks like this.

rvsmon.png

rvsmon.exe continues to eat all CPU even if I shut down Returnil. :p

Cheers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.