Final release of 2.06

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by Smiggy, May 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smiggy

Smiggy Registered Member

Good morning gentlemen/ladies!

Any news when the final release is due or are there plans to produce a further Beta release first?

I've been using b2 for some time now, on both XP and Vista platforms and found no bugs/problems that I couldn't pin on myself, i.e. of my own fault.

Very impressed with the footprint and overall display of the program.
    I've been testing Comodo's, Jetico's and Outpost's firewall's.
    All highly recommended for different reason, Jetico's 1.1 freeware one especially, Comodo's for leaktesting and being 100% free but have to say this little 'package' wins my vote.

Just one thing, are you planning to add additional leak barriers into the program, i.e. to combat the range of tests available by www.firewallleaktester.com that I think LnS doesn't currently pass?

I personally dion't have a problem with leak tests as I am very stringent about what I install and always thoroughly investigate a program first before installing, but the average home user, plus their children, usually don't!

Félicitations sur un programme merveilleux, bonne chance à l'avenir!

Smiggy.
    :D

2. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Look 'n' Stop v2.06 official release will become available sometime this here month, 'May', for more information please visit http://www.looknstop.com/En/faq_problems.htm#vista.

Indeed, Look 'n' Stop v2.06beta2 really functions smoothly and speedy, especially from my own observations with running it on Win-XP x86, hopefully x64 systems such as XP and Vista will also become supported in the near future. ;)

3. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Thanks Smiggy, for your post and appreciation ;)

Normally there won't be another 2.06b3 release, we will go directly to the final release.
    Yes, this final release should be available officially in May. It will be almost the same as the 2.06b2.

Regarding the leaktests, yes we have seen the new tests for Vista, and if possible we will try to handle some that are still passing under Vista.
    But before working on that, we will probably try first to support x64 platform (again, if possible :doubt: ).

Regards,

Frederic

4. huntnyc

huntnyc Registered Member

Wonderful news of coming release. Will we need to uninstall beta 2 or just install over th etop of it and thanks. It is a wonderfully effective and efficient product.

Gary

5. Smiggy

Smiggy Registered Member

If any of the prior releases, beta or full are anything to go by, a simple install of the full release should just see an install/replace.
    No need to uninstall first.

It's just a guess, I'm sure Frederic will confirm, but as said further above in this thread, the final release won't be much different from this current b2 beta.

Smiggy.
    :thumb:

6. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

b2 has been running so good on my system i'm feeling inclined not to change anything and pass on the final release lol!

7. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

You are right Smiggy, there's normally no need for un-installation of the currently installed version to install the official version release or a newer beta. Though it was said it won't be much difference between b2 and the official release, I would still install over-on-top of the beta 2, there is never any problems upgrading while maintaining all your current settings...

I agree with Frederic, bringing support for x64 platforms is crucial and very smart thing to-do considering how things is turning out, passing some mere leaktests is hardly important in comparison.

8. SVic

SVic Registered Member

This version works simultaneously with several network interfaces?

9. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

You need to start 2 instances of Look 'n' Stop if you'd like to filter 2 different interfaces at the same time.
    The second instance has to be started with the switch "-mult1".

If you simply want to have Look 'n' Stop filtering the connected to internet interface (and you have only at one time one interface connected to internet) then choosing "automatic selection" in the options is usually sufficient and you don't need to start 2 instances of Look 'n' Stop.

Frederic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.