Filseclab

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Durad, Jul 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Durad

Durad Registered Member

This firewall have the abillity to block all incomming and allow all outgoing traffic.

Great for people without expirience with the firewall...

How about using of system resources comparing to other FREE firewalls?

2. duke1959

duke1959 Very Frequent Poster

Hello Durad. My experience with this particular Firewall, while not bad, still made me shy away from it for two reasons. One. It ranked next to last on the firewallleaktester.com, by only detecting two tests. Although this indicates it does offer some outbound protection, which is still better than using Windows XP Firewall that has none, it didn't offset my number Two reason for not using it. After I had it installed for a short time, I kept getting what is called The Blue Screen Of Death. You can look up BSOD if needed. I'm not an expert, or putting this Firewall down. I liked it and it wasn't that hard to use, but despite some of the Zone Alarm Free troubles reported, I would still use their newest version before this one again. (It's even easier to use, and ranks just above Filseclab on the test web site) If you are using it now and not getting a BSOD, then keep using it. There are other people I've heard from who are not having toubles with it, and it is lower on resources than Zone Alarm Free. You might want to check out Comodo Firewall in a few weeks. They are getting ready to release a Final Version with promises of low memory, and plus it has a learning mode to help make it easier to use. I hope this helped.

3. Durad

Durad Registered Member

I had BSOD on Win98 machine, emailed them and they said that they know for that problem but because its heppend from time to time they did not find the problem yet.

4. duke1959

duke1959 Very Frequent Poster

Well the fact they replied is good. I have Windows XP however. I must add that there are some very good suggestions in other forums as well as this one on the different Firewalls. CastleCops is one. Also, use the uninstall method described here in this forum under Kerio 4x I want to completely remove. Especially if you decide to install Zone Alarm. They even have a special uninstall procedure in one of the posts in their own Forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.