Filseclab latest truly excellent

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Arup, Aug 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

Thanks Arup

No I did not, nor did it occur to me to do so. Would that make F'lab look at what was connecting through Proxo?

2. Arup

Arup Guest

David,

Since it does SPI, I would assume it would.

3. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

Arup

That is unknown territory for me. I will put it back in and have a look at that.

4. Arup

Arup Guest

5. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

Had another look at it. I cannot see anything in the rule for Proxo that would do what you suggest. Presumably it would be in that rule as I cannot see where else it can be put.

6. theshadow247

theshadow247 Registered Member

thanks for the forum link.Arup

7. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Theses issues are resolved...

I just delete all the new rules...

8. Arup

Arup Guest

David,

Do you see any entry of Proxomitron in the rules list of Filseclab?

the Shadow,

You are most welcome.

9. theshadow247

after applying the new patch iam experiencing high cpu usage and mem usage.and filseclab is also freezing up on and off.is eny one else having problems too.. o_O

10. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

Not here, seems to be running fine on my box... :eek:

11. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Just installed Filseclab and also the patch with no problems here. I must say this is a nice firewall now. The Monitor is great. Seems to work fine with Avast now too, and the logging problem I had is fixed. Logging works for me now. Am running it with a router for app control mostly. Seems really good so far...

12. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

Any special configuring needed to run this with a a router?. With Look N' Stop you have to create special rules to keep your computer running OK... o_O

13. theshadow247

problem fixed.i had a software conflict.after uninstalling its ok.. :D

14. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Nope, nothing special for me here. Just have a wireless router, and Filseclab works fine with it. No probs there.. :)

15. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

I like Filseclab a lot, however, I am experiencing one slight problem with it after running it for a while and looking things over.

The cpu usage of xfilter.exe seems to be running between 2-11%. This is quite high for me. Seems to run 2-6% mostly, with some spikes from 8-11%. As a result, my overall system cpu usage is 9-13%, which for me, is just too high.

Would be interested in seeing if anyone else notices higher cpu usage as well..

16. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

Great!, as I mentioned previously with Look N Stop you have to tinker with the rules and set it up for IGMP, Ethernet and MAC address. Its a bit of a pain. As for CPU usage mine remains pretty low around 2-4% mostly but I do notice brief spikes now and then. VampiricCrow and one or two others mentioned something about CPU usage back about posts 96-104...thanks for the previous reply... :D

17. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

Yes there is a rule for Proxo. There is not anything there that you can really change to effect in the advanced section. Tried changing the local port to 8080 (also tried 80). Initially that seems to work since Mozilla asks for access, but then Proxo comes up again and you only get a connection if you leave the local port as 0. None of the other settings there have any relevance as far as I can see.

This does seem to be a bug in the system regarding loopback and in its present state I do not trust it.

18. abhi_mittal

abhi_mittal Registered Member

Hi guys,

I have installed Filseclab as my firewall. I need a little help on configuring it.
    I am using a 128KbPS ADSL connection (Dynamic IP), which I use extensively use for surfing, chatting, P2P, email etc.

Is there any ruleset that I should use or should I stick with Filseclab's rulesets. I get a lot of prompts from Filseclab, which is annoying. Also my connection goes dead if I block many of these network access prompts!

What do u suggest?

19. Arup

Arup Guest

David,

Did you try changing the direction rule from any to out?

Abhi,

There are no special rules with Filseclab for routers, just run it in general mode and not advanced, in case you hit advanced, you will see pop up hell like Jetico.

20. abhi_mittal

abhi_mittal Registered Member

I run it in general mode...still too many popups!

21. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

With this update seems much better, but I like I said, still be nice if you can see more improvements...

22. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

What conflit?

23. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Try to disable all the entries in "Settings > Alert type when packets blocked"...

24. theshadow247

hi.VaMPiRiC_CRoW.i had gnucleus installed and thats when i was having the problem of 100% cpu.usage and filseclab freezing.but after uninstalling.every thing whent back to normal.

25. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Thanks for the info ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.