Filseclab- IP range?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by nudist, Apr 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nudist

nudist Registered Member

anyone know how to set a rule to allow access from a range of IP addresses?

also, anyone heard of any updates to the current version?

Thx!!

2. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

You can place an IP range into the "Trusted" IP`s (is that what you mean?)

Open Filseclab / rules / network_type / trusted / right click in the right hand window and select "new", then enter the IP range

Current version appears to be 3.0.0.8686

3. nudist

nudist Registered Member

I am looking for a way to set a rule to allow access for terminal services (port 3389) from a range of addresses such as 119.111.101.1 through 119.111.102.55. I am not at the machine to check right now, but I don't believe you could specify a port in the trusted IP's, and I don't trust the range for all applications and ports.

This was simple on atguard and a few other firewalls, but I can't seem to do this in Filseclab. Wildcards don't seem to work (ie 119.111.101.*)

and I was wondering if there was any news on a newer version. I have that current version. I like this FW, just a few shortcomings, but pretty good overall.

thanks for the reply!

4. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

Once you have placed the IP range into one of the "network_type" Trusted/custom or whichever, you can then create an application rule, in which you select trusted/custom (which ever you have placed your IP range into) for the remote, then the Application? and protocol/ports as you require.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.