Files won't open after installing SB v2.6

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by RJE, Jun 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RJE

RJE Registered Member

I just update Spyware Blaster to v2.6 from v2.53 and now when I try to open some files I get This message "This program has performed an illegal operation" then I click caancel and this message pops up : An error occurred in Internet Explores"

Everything was working great until I updated SB.

Can someone help me Please.

Thanks in advance
    RJE

2. Dan Perez

Dan Perez Retired Moderator

Hi RJE,

I encountered a couple anomalies with a couple of different programs after upgrading to SB 2.6 but these went away after a reboot. Perhaps this would help?

Regards,

Dan

3. RJE

RJE Registered Member

I tried reboot several times. I uninstalled and reinstalled SB acouple of times. It is not all folders, but a lot. I also get this error as part of the error message "SHELL32.DLL at 0177:66801af2"

4. Dan Perez

Dan Perez Retired Moderator

Could you tell us a bit more about the circumstances under which you get the error?

Are you double-clicking the file within explorer or using an app's File -> Open routine?

Any, consistency on the type of file?

5. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Had you download the latest SpywareBlaster update (6/26/03) and applied protection for all new items before installing SpywareBlaster 2.6? (This certainly wasn't necessary, but it might help me look into a potential conflict...)

If not, more details on this particular error could be useful. :)

EDIT: This may not be caused by SpywareBlaster at all. I searched for that exact error online, and have found references dating back into 2002 (before the first version of SpywareBlaster was released). It seems like every person experiencing this particular error had IE 6 and Windows 98/ME, although that's just from a quick look-over.

Thanks in advance,

-Javacool

6. RJE

RJE Registered Member

Standard files on desktop others located in the "C" drive, look like a regular folder. I double left click and some would work and others would not.
    I think the problem is fixed now. I have V-Com System Suite 4.0 and I went back a couple of days before I installed SB v2.6. Everything works again. So I tried to install SB v2.6 again (I really like this program) and so far (Knock on wood) all the folders open up fine. :D
    Don't know what happened before or now that it works.
    PS: I could open the folder in explorer that would open from the destop or from "C"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.