Files sent to ESET

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by djackino, Jul 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djackino

djackino Registered Member

After the latest definition update to 6324, NOD32 A/V automatically sent two .htm files in a temporary internet files folder to ESET for analysis. I have never seen this happen before, log entries are as follows:

7/25/2011 2:13:11 PM Kernel File 'C:\Documents and Settings\<NT Userid>\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\JVUSBUKY\contact[2].htm' was sent to ESET for analysis.

7/25/2011 2:12:47 PM Kernel File 'C:\Documents and Settings\<NT userid>\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\O4TNUWC2\contact[1].htm' was sent to ESET for analysis.

Also in the log are two events indicating:
    7/25/2011 2:13:14 PM Kernel Statistical information was sent to ESET.

No virus alerts popped up around the same time. I did have some issues earlier today which were caught by ESET.

The .htm files cannot be found on my C: drive (have show hidden and system files set on). Is this anything to worry about?

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

I wouldn't worry. From what you said, whatever it was, Eset took care of it.

3. NoobStick

NoobStick Guest

4. djackino

djackino Registered Member

Good article, thanks for the link.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.