Files on network share not closing

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by bmessenger, Aug 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bmessenger

bmessenger Registered Member

I have a site that keeps all their Outlook PST files on a shared network folder.

The host of these shared files is a Dell with an i5 processor with 4GB RAM running Windows 7 Pro. 32 bit.

The "clients" are a mix of Windows XP Pro SP# & Windows 7 Pro 32 bit.

They are using ESET Antivirus Business Edition v4.2.71.2

I know having PSTs on a network share is not recommended by Microsoft but this has worked with just a few hiccups for many years. However recently they have found that the PSTs are corrupting on an almost daily basis and have to be repaired with scanpst.

What I have found is that when they close Outloook the PSTs on the network share do not close. I know there can be an issue with ADD-INs causing this behaviour, but disbling them has no effect.

What I did find was that disbling ESET active scanning allowed the PSTs to close correctly, I have tried disabling the Outlook plug-in. I have also tried disabling network scanning and have excluded the folder with the PSTs from scanning, but this has not helped.

I removed and re-installed EST, no help. I have removed ESET and installed Kaspersky on two PCs and these now no longer have a problem. The customer has just paid for two years subscription and has been happy with ESET for a few years now, so would rather not remove it completely, but unless we can come up with another solution they will have no other alternative.

They DO NOT want to put the PSTs back on the local drives. Reasons would take too long to go into here.

MTIA

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Does adding the pst extension to the list of extensions excluded from scanning in the real-time protection setup make a difference?

3. bmessenger

No unfortunately makes no difference. I have tried excluding all files in the shared folder and *.pst

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Please create a Procmon log with files operations caputered during issue replication, compress it, upload it somewhere and PM me the download link.

5. bmessenger

ok will do, this may take a day or so

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.