Files & Folder backup not possible

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Frank52, Sep 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frank52

Frank52 Registered Member

I'm not anymore able to make a Backup of FILES & Folders using the latest
    version (german) of TI9 .

Failure description : After choosing Files&Folder all TI9 Windows fill be closed immedl.

Note: The Backup file complete Drives /partitions is working correct .
    I have tried to repair and to make another update already w/o any results

I assume that this is a know problem and fix is available !?

Rgds,
    Frank

2. accenture

accenture Registered Member

What version exactly you're using? There was a broken version available for a while. You should make sure you download the present latest version, fully uninstall any version existent on your system and then reinstall the downloaded version.

See this as well:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=144477

PS: Version 3.71x manifested itself as you described.

3. Frank52

Frank52 Registered Member

After updating I got the version 9.0 build 3.715 !

I'm not sure what orignal box version I have but I believe that the BOX versionw as running fine for a while .

If I understood the mails correct I have do reinstall the BOX Version again
    (after cleaning) and tow wait for a better update ?

best regards
    Frank

4. accenture

accenture Registered Member

Version 3.715? Funny.

The only version I recommend is the one that is NOW available from Acronis, that is 3.694.

If you completely uninstall TI at best including its registry entries, and install 3.694, F&F should work. It does for me.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Frank52,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

As accenture has mentioned, the problem that you experience is most likely caused by the fact that you are using the faulty build which has the file-based backup feature broken. This build was available at German web site for some time and then was changed to the correct one.

We recommend that you re-download the latest build (3694) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home German from the Product Updates section of your account at Acronis web site.

To get access to updates you should create an account then log in and use your serial number to register the software.

Please uninstall the previously installed build by following Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Acronis True Image prior to installing build 3694.

Note that you should create a new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update.

If the problem still persists after re-downloading the latest build and re-installing Acronis True Image 9.0 Home, please check each partition of your hard drive by Windows utility: use Windows menu Start\Run, then enter the command "chkdsk c: /r" "chkdsk d: /r" for every partition of your hard drive. Note that you will need to reboot your computer in order to scan the system partition.

Please also download the latest version of Acronis drivers, install it with disabled logging, try to create a file-based backup once more and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists after checking the hard drive and updating the drivers, please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please also do the following:

- Press the Start button, choose Run, type "drwtsn32" and press Enter;

- In the dialog that appears check the Log File and Crash Dump paths, then press the OK button;

- Run the latest build (3694) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home and reproduce the problem;

- Pick up the user.dmp and drwtsn32.log files in the directory specified at step 2;

Then please submit a request for technical support. Provide the files and information collected in your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.