Filenames

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by angusct, Dec 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. angusct

angusct Registered Member

Can anyone tell me what files are needed to start Acronis TI8 from a DOS prompt in order to restore an image ?

Example: I have a 2nd USB hard drive that is bootable to DOS. It also contains a 2nd partition that holds my image files. How do I start TI8 from the DOS prompt so that I can restore my images ?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello angusct,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/products/trueimage/).

We regret to inform you that Acronis True Image doesn't work under DOS.
    You may perform all the necessary operations using Acronis Bootable CD. Just boot from it and restore the images you need.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. angusct

The problem is the machine I mentioned is just a test machine. The machines I'm actually going to use the program on are Mobile Data Terminals that don't have a floppy or CD drive, only one usb and one serial port, and an internal hard drive. So if I were to connect my USB CD drive to boot from the Rescue CD, I wouldn't be able to restore the image that is on my USB thumb drive. I need both the boot media AND the image files on my USB thumb drive.

4. Zintar

Zintar Guest

Try this:

Plug in the USB CD and boot Acronis. After Acronis boots completely, disconnect the CD and plug in the USB disk. Wait a few seconds and then select to restore an image. Once Acronis boots, it is completely memory resident and I know that it detects USB drives as they are attached so I think this will work.

I think a USB hub would also work.

5. angusct

Unfortunately, that is not an option. The whole reason we are switching to usb thumb drives is that they don't require an outside power source.

The Mobile Data Terminals are installed in fire trucks. In order for me to use the cd drive without removing the cpu (because it's not easily removable), I have to run an extention cord to the truck to plug in the cd drive. It would be much easier to plug in the thumb drive, boot up the MDT, and restore the image.

6. Zintar

Zintar Guest

There are CD drives with rechargeable batteries.

7. angusct

My point is the documentation and this forum both say that you can make the Rescue Media on a thumb drive but I can't. How do I do it ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.