FileMenu Tools Custom Commands

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by J_L, Dec 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J_L

J_L Registered Member

I'm wondering how do you create working commands for Everything, BugBopper, Emsisoft Emergency Kit, Norton Power Eraser, and Trend Micro HouseCall.

2. pajenn

pajenn Registered Member

Check out the 'Customized commands' section in FileMenu Tools help file. It will tell you the basics and the names of various dynamic variables available in the program. The basic idea is to click 'Add command' in FM tools windows and specify a name for it and the path to a program (exe or batch file) to launch. If the program accepts command line arguments, you can further customize your context menu function for it by adding the desired command line arguments in the arguments row.

I'll post a few examples of my own custom commands that I use with free utilities (most of which accept command line args). Hope they help to get you started -- it took me some trial and error to figure many of these out.

Attached Files:

3. pajenn

pajenn Registered Member

Here are a few more pics including my command for a2cmd, which is probably the tool in the Emsisoft Emergency Kit you want to use.

Attached Files:

4. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Thanks, but is there a way to scan with a2emergencykit instead?

5. Espresso

Espresso Registered Member

There's no gui available. Only a2cmd.exe

I run it with a batch file and call it from FMT...

Code:
    "D:\Program Files\ASquared\Run\a2cmd.exe" /h /a %1
    pause

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.